It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strip search technology in our airports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
These are a direct violation of our constitutional rights. A reasonable expectation of privacy includes your physical body, over property rights in fact.
The only reason they get away with such toxic security practices is tricking us into consent. If you willingly walk through, don't challenge or protest, in a court of law they will constitute that as consent.

If you however refuse politely and ask the right questions, you can employ the same deceptive tactics they do and prove you're not legally obligated, it's corporate policy even if legislated as a statutory act and requiring you to do so is unlawful thus they are liable.

So I'd like to share the tactics EVERY HUMAN BEING IN AMERICA needs to employ when dealing with this trash. I personally view a machine that views your nude body as a sleazy elitist tactic so they can catalog who's born with what and target specific people to try and lure into their elitist gene pool.
I absolutely guarantee pretty faces with hidden physical goods suddenly find themselves the object of attention from what seem like chance meetings.

First, politely refuse to step through the machine.
Then ask the security for their proof of claim that you are legally obligated to be subjected to this invasion of your constitutional rights. Having your nude body viewed by someone you do not consent to is a violation of your constitutional right to privacy and they are liable. Anyone cohersing you to do so is also liable and guilty of fraud.

Upon asking them this, they will have no proof and will probably reference a statute but insist it's a law. You then ask them if they are willing to accept full commercial liability for violating your constitutional rights and ask them to note your protest. Now ultimately, you will probably have to step through this machine if you want to board their airline however, make a point to tell the security personnel you are doing so only under protest and duress.
This means they are forcing you against your will by holding you hostage to a policy that is indeed, not law because it violates your inalienable constitutional rights.
Rights that can ONLY be alienated at your consent!

Hence the deceptive tactics.
If we don't spread the word and stand up to these people, this garbage will continue and it only works due to our ignorance. It's nothing more than a strip search using modern technology.
As long as you protest and claim duress, it's nearly impossible for them to justify their actions in court particularly because we know 99.99% of the time, they aren't going to find anything.
Their defense of "well I was just doing my job" doesn't void their liability. It in fact weighs very poorly upon them as a human being as well as a person employed in a security position.

I'd like to see this turn into some multi million dollar lawsuits and give these pieces of garbage, like BARACK OBAMA, a taste of their own medicine. This guy is in place to represent all of us yet he sits on his hands saying and doing nothing to protect us. We're led to believe we hired this guy so why the hell is he making us watch one hand and ignore the other.

He's George W. Bush all over again.
Without nonsense like the patriot ACT, another statue simply acting as law not actually being law, they were able to implement such an illegal and invasive security measure.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Or you could just refuse to fly, period. Watch the airline industry sweat it out as it loses a ton of money.

Ticket prices should be enough to enrage the typical flyers, but now you have humiliate yourself in order to fly... I wouldn't have it.

I've never flown before btw, just saying. I've always driven between states. If i had to go overseas i'd seriously think about finding a boat. Would be nice to be on the open sea

[edit on 24-2-2010 by KainRich]

[edit on 24-2-2010 by KainRich]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Is this what you're talking about?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Yes and the arrogance here is the depiction of people stupid enough to try and carry guns onto airplanes, it almost never happens. It's not a monthly occurrence, it's an event that generally takes place nationwide maybe a half dozen times a year.
When it happens, it's national headlines. You never see headlines about how a person got on a plane with a loaded gun and hijacked it. I can assure you, anyone that gets on a plane and hijacks it with a gun, had the gun put on board by someone with employed access to the plane.

I agree, we should boycott any airline that believes it has the need for such an invasive system. I'm not a shy person, I'm not personally overly concerned that someone might see me nude but to make it a mandatory part of flying is unacceptable. We're treated like criminals without having done anything wrong. A reasonable expectation of privacy covers a LOT and the only way for this constitutional right to be compromised is through our consent. Tricked into it or knowingly and willingly, they need your consent to violate your rights.

I will always reference our president and vice president in these circumstances. These men are the highest executive level of our government and it's their duty to protect us from these insane statutes passed by the legislative branch and they're not doing it. They are failing to do their jobs and I hired them, they work for me.
I don't want government healthcare, I want to leave the house and go out in public without the constant threat of big brother. I want to go to a tax payer owned and financed park without the threat of some douche bag ranger who spends 90% of his/her day with nothing to do, trolling around for conflict.

We live in a country dominated by people working in law and security who want nothing more than to find conflict with a non threatening citizen. They don't want conflict with an actual criminal that isn't afraid of them and can give them a fight, they want conflict with someone who is more or less innocent in their actions, at worst committing a misdemeanor when they cross the line and react with fear when confronted by these trolls thriving off conflict and inflating they're pathetic egos through the power they impose over us.
Why do I point so high up the ladder?
This is the most logical statement I can possibly make.
Because when you have a nation of people that aren't living their lives in fear and oppression of the government, you get a society that is far more active in their community and politics. You get more public outcry and more support. You get a society of people that aren't going to take $ht rather than pass the burden onto those in office.

Instead, we have a government full of people that decided long ago that since our lives are busy and we're relying on those we hire into office to learn law and represent us so it's one less stress and demand on us, they'll use their education of law and our ignorance to hold power over us and turn a profit. They're saying it's our fault we're ignorant of law when the fact is, we hired them so we don't have to have a law degree just to ensure our civil liberties and constitutional rights aren't stolen out from under us. We stand on these rights, the police and administration trick us into stepping off of them for their greed of profit and power.

Forcing people to pass through a machine that sees their nude body because they need to fly from point A to B is one more step too far. While my efforts might be fruitless, I now feel the need to start reaching out to the public locally and motivating them into contacting the White House through the email system Barack has set up. He claims he wants his administration to be one with close contact with the public. Well, get even just 100 people to send the same letter to him, it's going to make a point.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by JonDeath]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonDeath
These are a direct violation of our constitutional rights.

No they are not, no one is forcing you to go though them. It is your choice to.

Having your nude body viewed by someone you do not consent to is a violation of your constitutional right to privacy and they are liable.

as you do consent by stepping into the device what are you babbling about?

Anyone cohersing you to do so is also liable and guilty of fraud.

Fraud? What are you on about?

because it violates your inalienable constitutional rights.
Rights that can ONLY be alienated at your consent!

By stepping into the device you are giving your consent.... If you do not want to step in then dont fly. Flying is not a right.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I made my point and you missed it. You're pushed into a situation of duress. It's compulsory if you intend to fly. You totally avoid the fact that 90% of people aren't aware that they are consenting to a regulation that is in violation of their constitutional rights.

If more people were aware, things would have never gotten this far in the first place. The average person pays taxes and hires someone into office under the understanding and agreement that this person they hired will ensure they're not forced into situations such as this. If you need to fly home to see your mother on her death bed or because you risk losing your business due to an issue not addressable from your home base, you are in a situation of duress when you are obliged to step through such devices.

You missed the point that the average person is not aware that their rights are being violated and they are consenting to such based on their willingness to step into the situation.
They teach us these things in 7th or 8th grade and by the time you're an adult, living life and find yourself in these situations, it's long been forgotten or at best a dusty memory. Meanwhile we see a lot of rich people or famous people get away with crimes or get a slap on the wrist and generally people assume they bought their way out but that's not entirely true.
It's often due to their private high priced education in prep or private schooling that taught them how to deal with such situations.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonDeath
You're pushed into a situation of duress. It's compulsory if you intend to fly.

Flying is not a right, there is no duress, you have a choice. It is up to you.

You totally avoid the fact that 90% of people aren't aware that they are consenting to a regulation that is in violation of their constitutional rights.

no, you are the one not aware that they also have a choice... and they consent

If you need to fly home to see your mother on her death bed or because you risk losing your business due to an issue not addressable from your home base, you are in a situation of duress when you are obliged to step through such devices.

no, there is no duress, it is your choice.

You missed the point that the average person is not aware that their rights are being violated

no they are not being violated, people have a choice.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

The biggest flaw in your logic is, the system in itself is a crime even if nobody consents! If ZERO people agree to pass through it or a million do agree, the system is unlawful both criminally and civilly.
For some reason, you refuse to acknowledge this fact.
Your ideology is also both unlawful and criminal.
You're relying on the failure of our police and courts to acknowledge it's a crime. Your logic is that if nobody reports it, it's not a crime.
You're wrong.

Your logic is that if they consent, it's not a crime.
Again you're wrong, it's just harder to prosecute.

Your logic is that if nobody reports it, it isn't a crime.
Again, you're wrong.

Ultimately, you're saying if they don't get caught, it's not a crime.
You're wrong.

Flying is a business service governed under statutes.
They are held to the same warranty goods are. Any goods or services sold in the USA must be warranted for a period of no less than 30 days. In that, if you are unsatisfied with their service for any reasonable claim, they are required to refund your money in full if that claim is made within that 30 day window. Read the legislature, I have many times and it's very clear.
You are well within your right to file request refund or file suit for many reasons, including the claim that within 30 days the humility you felt due to their security system. That is a legitimate reason to be unsatisfied.
Will they hand the money over?
Obviously no but, they will when you take them to small claims court.

Since they are a business, they also have no power of government over you. They are simply hiring security licensed by the government to perform these security services. In that situation, you do have rights and they are liable.

You have the option to walk away however, their methodology is fraudulent when they tell you that you are required by law to pass through the scanner if you want to fly, which is what they absolutely do.
It's an act of fraud making it both criminal and civil.
So while you do have a point, it's insignificant in the overall situation. Your logic is not only unlawful and criminal but it relies on the situation being one of respect and honesty. These people may initially use respect but they do not use honesty and that respect is quickly repossessed upon the moment you protest their deceitful request.

I can absolutely guarantee you that hundreds of people a day could protest the situation, question the security personnel and get them on the record stating they are required under law to pass through the scanner if they want to fly. That's fraud.
But again, the system itself is not legal to begin with even with consent!

Even if you get someone's consent to rob their house, even if you say it as a joke and they agree, it's a crime. The flip side being you will have a stronger defense. If you tell someone you intend to damage their property and they say "ok go ahead", it's still a crime. However, they again have a strong defense in court and I've seen this happen.

Your ideology relies on the failure and arrogance of the police and judicial system in their treatment of these situations but I can only say it so many times before it gets old.
IT'S NOT LEGAL EVEN IF YOU CONSENT.

new topics

top topics

join