It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constable vs Judge in Dallas Corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So I just saw this story on the news just a little bit ago. Supposedly, a Judge is trying to remove a Constable from office permenatly for corruption, bribes, misuse of force, ect..

Then on the other side, the Constable is trying to have the Judge removed because he displays gross misconduct and incompetency.

Constable Seeks Removal of Judge

Dallas County Constable Jaime Cortes, accused of corruption in a county-initiated investigation, filed court papers today seeking the removal from office of his biggest critic, County Judge Jim Foster.

In the petition, Cortes alleges “gross misconduct and incompetency” by Foster. The civil petition was filed before state District Judge Gena Slaughter.

Cortes claims Foster should be removed from office for orchestrating a conspiracy to break into his office and illegally seize his computer data “to achieve a political advantage.”

Judge Seeks Constables Removal

Foster and his allies on the Commissioners Court are seeking a way to respond to the results of an investigative report released last week that accused Cortes of bribery and other misdeeds.

Much of their concern has focused on Cortes, the subject of last week's investigative report. In addition, one of Cortes' top lieutenants has been charged with numerous felonies as part of a continuing criminal investigation by Watkins.

And heres one more link WFAA Dallas

Whether he stays or goes, this issue — not roads or bridges or jails — is consuming much of the county's business.

"Retaliation against employees, official oppression, systemic corruption in the department... we need to get to the bottom of this and it has gone on too long," Foster said.

There has been way too much corruption in Dallas recently. Not too long ago, there was another corruption case involving the mayor I believe. Now theres fighting back and forth inside the Justice Department. I havent been able to find any in-depth reports yet, but im sure more and more stuff will come out as time passes. I live right next to the city so Im pretty concerned about what happens.

join