It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you probably didn't know about the Founding Fathers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

5 Reasons The Founding Fathers Were Kind of Dicks

I came across this article this morning on one of my favorite websites, and although it is obviously a comedic/satirical website, I think they shed light on a number of things pertaining to the founding of the USA that many MANY people have overlooked.

Take it with a laugh, but remember that history has a way of becoming distorted after 234 some odd years.

When you think about it, Ben Franklin was a terrible choice for Voice of the People. The dude managed to be a rich, successful, self-made, internationally jet-setting playboy in the 18th goddamn century, for f*ck's sake. John Q. Public he was not. Of course he didn't mind the Stamp Act; if it didn't at all impede his ability to # princesses on hot air balloons, (or whatever the 18th Century analogue to the mile high club was), why should he care? Franklin's hypothetical balloon-humping to one side, the point is that Great Britain was blissfully unaware on the other side of the ocean while the colonists steamed and let their rage build.

5 Reasons The Founding Fathers Were Kind Of Dicks

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
that was pretty funny...got some good chuckles out of that one.

"those sonsabitches loved their tea"

join