It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Tehran deliberately inviting an air strike?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

They were many striking elements in the new International Atomic Energy Agency report on Iran, not least its blunt language on the "possible military dimensions" of the Iranian programme. But the strangest part of it was this:

On 14 February 2010, Iran, in the presence of Agency inspectors, moved approximately 1950 kg of low enriched UF6 from FEP to the PFEP feed station. The Agency inspectors sealed the cylinder containing the material to the feed station

That means that Iran took 94% of its entire stock of low enriched uranium (LEU) from the huge underground tunnels and chambers of its Fuel Enrichment Plant at Natanz and brought it to the surface, to its Pilot Fuel Enrichment Plant (see satellite picture above), which is currently producing 20% enriched uranium, and which is clearly visible from the air.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Interesting blog on Tehran's activities regarding its enriched Uranium. Very risky indeed to move their whole supply to such a targetable facility.

However I personally do not believe an attack on Iran by Israel is imminet, so mabye Iran is aware of this and feels safe enough to conduct its business in the open air.

Obama for me is restraining Israel at the moment. And i do not feel Israel itself is in a posistion to succsesfully launch an attack from both the military and political problems it is experiencing.

Thoughts?

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Is Iran inviting an attack? Is it playing with Israel? Does it just not believe an attack is coming?

Such a difficult situation to read. So many different players. From the Revolutionary Guards in Iran, to the Government in Tel Aviv. International players such as China who are not up for sanctioning the country. Obama and his administration attempting to appear tough but coming across as quite impotent.

What is coming?

new topics

join