It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work; A Review

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
In light of the Gulf Oil disaster - thought I'd bump this thread for review. It seems fitting and may (or) may not apply to some Key Players in th BP and Gulf Oil Disaster.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.”

*Excerpt from link in original post

Psychopaths may be distinguished from sociopaths in one fundamental respect. Whereas sociopaths have no allegiance to, and even contempt for, any values or rules or laws of a wider society beyond their own small sub-group, such as a gang or cult, psychopaths have no allegiance to anything transcendent beyond themselves. Within gangs and cults, at war with society, there are certain codes and sociopaths are capable of holding to forms of allegiance and adherence to transcendent—beyond the individual--values and rules at least of the sub-group.

Psychopaths, are total and ultra-individualists and narcissists, and have no allegiances beyond themselves and their own notions of their own narrow and selfish interests. Both psychopaths and sociopaths may not only find the business world a “target-rich” environment, they also can find religious, non-profit, educational, legal, military and political organizations attractive as well. - According to the authors, the corporate worlds (any organizations run like corporations), are increasingly a “target-rich” environments for psychopaths...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

BP Executive says US cannot do without Gulf oil

WASHINGTON — The head of BP America is telling Congress that despite the catastrophic oil spill, the U.S. cannot do without oil from the Gulf of Mexico.

BP America chairman and president Lamar McKay told a House panel in prepared testimony that America's economy, security and standard of living "significantly depend upon domestic oil and gas production." He said that companies have operated in the Gulf safely and reliably. The Associated Press obtained a copy of his remarks prior to delivery.

McKay warned that reducing energy production without consumption would shift jobs offshore — and put millions of additional barrels onto tanker ships that travel across oceans.

Thoughts?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I thought about this thread this morning!

I wanted to put a link to it on another thread I was reading....because it was very pertinent to the conversation. (I've linked it in other threads in the past).

But now I can't remember which thread I wanted to link it to!

Sigh. Maybe I'll remember it in the morning. It's been a long day, fighting all this oil and everything.

But I do love this thread.

You could probably move it to the BP forum.

Oops. Did I say that?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I wanted to put a link to it on another thread I was reading....because it was very pertinent to the conversation. (I've linked it in other threads in the past).

Hi LiW -

Feel free to link as often as you wish - and thanks for thinking of it.

I think it relevant, as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Not the one you were thinking of perhaps, but pertinent:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just got off the phone with my congresscritters' aides after asking them to introduce legislation MANDATING psychological screening of all multinational corporate executives for sociopathy, just like they demand drug screening for the plebes.

Given what's happened in the banking and oil industries over the past few years, I don't think it is out of line or too much to ask. If they are found to be sociopaths then they should be removed from positions of power and precluded from ever engaging in business again. I'm pretty sure you can't rehab a sociopath, so it would be far too dangerous to allow them to continue to wield power.

Upon determination of a diagnosis of sociopathy, those persons should be further investigated for hidden criminal behavior and prosecuted if found. If there is no direct evidence, they should be retired or allowed only to work in fields where their mental predispositions cannot harm others.

I view this as no more a violation of their rights than drug screening is for everyone else, and being a executive sociopath is far more potentially harmful than being a drug using employee.

I've had to undergo psych tests as part of a job application a few times in my life, so I don't see it as any great infringement on their rights.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
regarding "psychopaths" or people with a messed up emotional world i found a really inspiring video regarding defense techniques which i'd really like to share with everyone . peeeace
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Politicians and psychopaths: www.youtube.com...

People need to realize that psychopaths are what this society is all about. Our preoccupation with style over substance gives them incredible advantages in politics and business.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join