It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time Piece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Home at last...after another 9 hour day of working for "the man"...
I am tired...worn out mentally and physically...its been a long week...
I take a bottle of wine from the fridge and get a glass from the cabinet...
make my way to my favorite chair and pop the cork.
I poured the glass full and drank heartily.
As I savour the sweet taste, I lay my head back and close my eyes...
Until this very moment I had forgetten about the clock...that small silver clock.
It had belonged to my grandma. One of those wind up numbers...
I hadn't wound it in forever and yet there is sat...tick tick tick tick...
The damned thing sounded alive... I took another drink of wine
again I closed my eyes...It occured to me... the clock was alive....
It was my life.....my heartbeat in that clock and every clock in this house...
Every clock everywhere...My life in every tick tick tick...
A time piece... telling me when to get up, when to work, how long I had to play, when to eat...
when to take medicine, when to bathe, when to watch tv, when to go to bed.. when to rise
and start all over.....I wonder why I had not noticed it before...pour another glass and drink...
when did these time pieces begin to rule our lives... or was I the only one that had figured this out....
Was it the wine....tick tick tick tick tick ...... no...no it was man's bull#......who needs a clock...
I was suddenly overtaken with resentment....who created the concept of time.... I picked up the small silver clock... stared at it momentarily and then threw it violently against the brick fireplace where it shattered....no more tick tick tick tick tick..... A new feeling rose in me... it was fear... no. . . dread....
what if all the clocks stopped....would I literally be out of time.... I wondered if the now broken clock had stopped ticking the moment my grandma passed..... what is time anyway.... why I should worry... it was just a time piece........something else to rule my life.... I like the silence now... the ticks were annoying....... as I finished the last glass of wine. . . . .

I wondered what time it was.......

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
A couple days ago, I was the leader in a group meditation. It was only with one other person, but having the other person there greatly amplified this particular meditation. We got in so deep that we lost track of time for 3 hours. We just sat there and communicated without saying words. It was a great feeling to not be under the spell of time.

But while time can be bad, it has its purposes sometimes.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well I don't know if this helps, But time is a measurement of movement/motion. So if somehow you can manage to stop everything from moving you wont have to worry about it anymore.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This story formed in my mind tonight as my family and I headed to the theatre tonight.
I was worrying that we wouldn't get there in TIME to get a good seat.....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I suppose we have always had time at first we worked by the day and night cycle then seasons, before long the increments just got smaller and smaller.

I am timed to the second in my work for my whole day makes for a lot of clock watching which I hate.

Personally I would love to live by the natural day/night cycle but its not gonna happen as even if you did not have to work, you still need to get kids to school or anything you where doing that involed the modern world would still require a start and finish time.

top topics

join