It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World According To Karl Pilkington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Karl Pilkington (born on 23 September 1972) is a Sony Award-winning English radio producer, podcaster, raconteur and author, best known for producing and co-presenting The Ricky Gervais Show on London radio station Xfm from 2001 to 2005 and later in the form of podcasts. He is frequently described by both Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant on their audio programmes as having a "head like a #ing orange", and this description has become well-known amongst his fans. In October 2006, Pilkington's first book The World of Karl Pilkington was published, featuring original ideas and drawings by Pilkington, based upon the subject matter discussed in the podcasts. His second book, Happyslapped by a Jellyfish, was published in October 2007, and he was the subject of the Comedy Lab episode "Karl Pilkington - Satisfied Fool", which aired in October 2007. His third book, Karlology, a musing on his views on his own intelligence, and attitude to learning, appeared on 1 October 2008.

Meet Karl Pilkington

Satisfied Fool

Karl Pilkington is an unassuming, unsophisticated man from Manchester who has little formal education and is known to his close friends (not to mention his many fans) as a fool, an idiot, a buffoon. In this Channel 4 documentary, he is on a quest to determine whether he would be happier if he was more intelligent. To find the answer, he seeks the counsel of scholars, philosophers and David Icke.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Pilkipedia

I'm sure you will agree that Karl Pilkington is a genius in his own right

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Karl explains to the world's scientists which research is unnecessary.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't have anything to contribute

just wanted to let you know - this thread is killing me

and that would be my flag

:-)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I just love the man dearly.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington discuss a monkey entering the New York Fire Department

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I can't stand it...

:-)

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

oh please...

lol!

I can't be the only one - right?

when you were originally posting this - when you started this thread - did you do it whilst tripping into a deep, dark hole?

are we watching this from the bottom of a mine shaft?

that would actually explain a lot :-)

please, don't stop

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

In this installment of Cheeky Freak of the Week, Karl relates the story of Lobster Man and one of the earliest known conjoined twins.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Unintentional comedy genius Karl Pilkington comes up a competition known as "songs of phrase" (or crosswords , in this instance) on XFM , featuring Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and some very mind boggling use of music.

new topics

top topics

join