It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking advice on meditating with Crystals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptilian Ph.D

I think your right, with some people a placebo will develop, I think things such as crystals are just more "spiritual/psychic attachments" that we think we need when really we might not.

If we want to increase our spiritual awarness then all we need do is use our intent and it shall be so. Same with astral projection, lucid dreaming or psychic awarness, if our intent is strong enough then I think we can achieve anything. All the energy for this is within and I dont think crystals are increasing this within me at all. Yes there may be a placebo effect but also I can see a negative side developing to using crystals when meditating, you could become "reliant" on it and if it broke or got lost youd maybe think your awarness was lost with it.

Thanks I enjoyed reading your replies. I hope you continue to enjoy your crystals, I still like mine it is pretty and unusual, and I will still wear it but I dont think using it in meditation seems to be my thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My signature has a link to a free e-book about crystals, their history, uses, etc. I can't remember everything that's in the e-book but I found it really interesting and there might be some information in there that might mean something to you.

I have many crystals all around my home and my children often take one to put under their pillow if they've had a bad dream or feel ill. I've never known anyone to have a negative effect from using crystals but maybe you're just very sensitive to their vibrations and shouldn't wear it for awhile. Try just keeping it in a room rather than wearing it and/or try different types - rose quartz is gentler so might be a good option.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

You're very welcome.. Its funny, I stopped using the crystals during meditation because I felt that I was being distracted. I've found that all I need is the self and a nice little rug to ground myself with. What I really do recommend though, is that you use some incense! Get a good quality sandalwood, aloeswood, or frankincense. I tend to have different kinds of incense depending on what I'm doing.. I use during meditation, reading, sleeping, etc. Personally, I have found that it has become an imperative compliment to my practice.

This article elaborates a bit on the benefits of certain incense for meditation.
Incense and Meditation

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptilian Ph.D

What I really do recommend though, is that you use some incense!

I have some of that, i will try it again thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join