It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop beating up on the IRS--they can never be well liked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Is the Internal Revenue Code perfect?

Absolutely not.

Is there room for improvement in the Internal Revenue Code?

Absolutely!

Does the IRS always do the right thing?

No.

We do not live in an ideal world. We are always going to have flaws in our tax law and the agency that carries out that law is always going to have flaws. Even if we had acceptable tax laws and an agency that for the most part acted acceptably, people would still hate the IRS because nobody likes paying taxes.

Does anybody think the IRS can do anything to ever become popular? Keep in mind the government will always need to collect a significant percentage of the average person's income in order to pay for services like: roads, military, schools, and police. People are always going to try and avoid paying taxes which in turn will require the IRS to take enforcement measures.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmintKeep in mind the government will always need to collect a significant percentage of the average person's income in order to pay for services like: roads, military, schools, and police.

And therein lies the problem.

Police are a local issue, as are schools.

No constitutional authority exists for the federal government to be involved in either of those.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

A state government will nevertheless have to collect a significant percentage of your money, in one form or another, directly or indirectly, to pay for local services like schools and police. Nevertheless, the federal government will have to collect a significant percentage of your money, in one form or another, directly or indirectly, to pay for things like the military, roads, and other government services.

With regards to the constitutional issue you raise, the federal government does have broad powers under the commerce clause, to get involved in activities like schools that appear local. Under modern US Supreme Court precedent, the federal government can regulate and get involved in local activities if they have an affect on interstate commerce.

Education seems like a local activity, but it can have an affect on interstate commerce. Local school activities have an affect on the interstate market for educated workers. The federal government can thus get involved with schools.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by hotpinkurinalmint]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There was the Whiskey Rebellion which that big-government goon George Washington beat down like a baby seal, all without an IRS to get behind him.

Do you work for the IRS? This sounds like a plea out of fear of what lay ahead. Oh the fuzzeh gods plz! Iv ben a bad, bad kitteh. Dont crash deh planez on me, mkay?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You're kidding right OP?

I'm still personally waiting for the law, written in any US law book:

THAT STATES WE HAVE TO PAY TAXES TO THE IRS.
Or maybe just a written law that states that this IRS, is constitutional.

Maybe I'm just another delusional American. I dunno.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
You're kidding right OP?

I'm still personally waiting for the law, written in any US law book:

THAT STATES WE HAVE TO PAY TAXES TO THE IRS.
Or maybe just a written law that states that this IRS, is constitutional.

Maybe I'm just another delusional American. I dunno.

Me too show me that law, I have tried to find it for over 5 years now... where is it OP? As far as I am concerned we had a revolution over taxes in 1775-76, please show me where they made it legal for them to steal my money, they don't even publish the freaking accounts total/balances/interest/shares of interest for us to see where exactly every dollar is spent, which means they are hiding something.

THE IRS IS A PRIVATE BUSINESS LOCATED OUT OF PUERTO RICO!!!!

You are a slave, This is your wake up call, I am your alarm clock.

Sour D

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

So you are saying you would rather have the military come collect your taxes instead of the IRS???

I keep seeing people use the Whiskey Rebellion as some sort of support for what this guy did. I see it as exactly the opposite...I see the Whiskey Rebellion as people who praise the original founder fathers conveniently ignore that Washington used military force to collect taxes...but they still praise him and want to return to HIS principles. Too funny.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

With all due respect, you are the one that is kidding!

Somewhere in your town there is a law school. Unfortunately, there are too many of them in this country. That law school has a building called the library. Walk into that building and ask where the United States Code is. You will see a shelf with several books. Find the ones with the number 28 on the spines. These books contain the "Internal Revenue Code."

Of course you may think I am lying through my teeth, and that is fine. If you choose to avoid paying taxes and you wind up in court, I am pretty sure the judge is going to buy your arguments about there being no tax law or the tax law being unconstitutional.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If the fed wants to be bloated and swollen let it collect it's funds from tariffs or shrink to a size and scope it can afford.

I can't stick a gun to my neighbors head and take his property to fund some project. Why can the gov?

This nation died the day Washington turned tyrant for the cash of some poor farmers.

America was free for all of 2 years. Oligarchical dictatorship ever since.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good Sir, I have read the tax code, in actuality I just posted a thread on how to find laws for your state. No where in there does it say I have to file Federal taxes, compliance of the 1040 is Voluntary. Show me where it is MANDATORY.

I will pay state taxes don't get me wrong. And no I do not want the Military coming but when the IRS just bought a cache of shotguns that makes me wonder on why they would need to use deadly force to extract pieces of paper with Ink on them from my wallet? Why do they want my pieces of paper!!!

Cheers!

SourD

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by EnlightenUp

So you are saying you would rather have the military come collect your taxes instead of the IRS???

Which is more constitutional? The IRS or having the state militias do it under martial law?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sourdiesel

Many of the administrative provisions, e.g. provisions requiring you to fill out certain forms, are in the Treasury Regulations. You will not read a statute that states put X on form 1040 line Y because these are in the Treasury Regulations.

The Internal Revenue Code clearly imposes a tax on income and has a tax schedule. It also imposes penalties on people who fail to pay their taxes.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Is the Internal Revenue Code perfect?

Absolutely not.

Is there room for improvement in the Internal Revenue Code?

Absolutely!

Does the IRS always do the right thing?

No.

We do not live in an ideal world. We are always going to have flaws in our tax law and the agency that carries out that law is always going to have flaws. Even if we had acceptable tax laws and an agency that for the most part acted acceptably, people would still hate the IRS because nobody likes paying taxes.

Does anybody think the IRS can do anything to ever become popular? Keep in mind the government will always need to collect a significant percentage of the average person's income in order to pay for services like: roads, military, schools, and police. People are always going to try and avoid paying taxes which in turn will require the IRS to take enforcement measures.

Ok all I have to say is that you must work for the IRS to make this post. Look around you and see what is going on right now the the United States. We are giving all of our tax money to bail out banks, wall street, auto companies all the time they are just laughing and giving themselves a huge bonus and a pat on the back because big companies run Washington. I am actually surprised that more of what happened yesterday (plane crashing into the IRS building) hasn't been happening more. Wake up and smell the coffee its getting burnt.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
LMAO, ROTF, PIMP... Ahhh let me catch my breath. Lol, and change my pants now that I've peed in them(jk).

Perfect Code? Room for improvement?

Sounds like TV and your government education taught you everything you know on this subject.

I'm sorry you are still under the impression that the annual shakedown by the IRS on the American public is indeed legal or that you believe the money they take from our pay goes to our roads, schools and police.

Perhaps you've heard of the word interest. Interest on our debt is what our jacked money pays, and to whom? The private bankers that created this fiat currency in the first place.

IF our Federal tax dollars pay for schools, roads and policing needs, I have a bone to pick with my local authorities regarding my property taxes...

Abolish the FED and the IRS, bring the greenback back or come up with a whole new system is what I say, because this one one flat out sucks.

Use your eyes to see these things for yourself simply by choosing to open them. In so doing you may actually see the situation for what it is.

Venture down the rabbit hole with the rest of us and I bet you'll find taxes are as big a lie as the other thing they say we can't avoid, death...

Spend a couple of hours watching this: America: Freedom To Fascism instead of filling yourself with typical bubblegum programs that will only serve to keep you in the dark on such things.

I mean no disrespect to you or others who have not yet woken up to the charade this reality pretends to be as I once thought much as you do now.

I am grateful for my awakening, and hope the responses to your thread help awaken you as well.

After all, we here would much rather have your free will and imagination working for us rather than assisting TPTB in continuing our economic enslavement.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Back in the day, Each state had its own military forces and the federal government called upon them collectively to defend the country as a whole.

new topics

top topics

join