It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

luminous goo that flows around soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Britain

www.thea ustralian.com.au

A ROBOT hand that could defuse bombs and luminous goo that flows around soldiers' moving bodies but hardens against bullets sound like they should have been dreamt up for a James Bond film.

In fact, they are among the fruits of a new innovation program undertaken by Britain’s Ministry of Defence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-2-2010 by missyuniverse]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
To demonstrate its properties, which have uses in a new generation of helmets and types of body armour, members of the d3o team wrapped the luminous orange goo round their hands and then struck them repeatedly with hammers. "The way that the material responds to your body movements, you get a duality of flexibility and protection," Floria Antolini said.

i want some of that goo!! this is a great find

www.thea ustralian.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by missyuniverse

Pretty cool stuff, I saw this stuff a while ago when the MoD laucnhed their range of toy soldiers (based on the old action man for those that know)

Tho I really would love some to play with..
I could use it when doing DIY around the house

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

maybe we will have tangerine soldiers soon
yeah i could do with some of that stuff too

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I guess in this particular story I cant help but think of the slippery slope argument against this type of technology..

This bulletproof stuff, combined with the invisibility cloaks that are being tested would definitely make for a perfect police state scenario. What makes you think they would share the technology with the ''unwashed masses'', the general public? Imagine cloaked and bulletproof police patrolling a peaceful protest, they could incite violence at anytime and create any false flag situation that would turn a peaceful assembly into a giant pissed off mob, which would be spinned by the media to be a radical extremist group... so on and so forth.

Thats just one scenario, mind you. There are countless others to examine, as we ask ourselves... do we really need this technology?

top topics

join