It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ariz. Bill Bans Egg Donor Payments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Ariz. Bill Bans Egg Donor Payments

www.kpho.com

New legislation proposed in the Arizona House of Representatives would ban women who donate their eggs from being paid more than what covers their expenses for undergoing the procedure.

House Bill 2651 was proposed by state Rep. Nancy Barto, R-District 7.

"It's illegal to sell any other human body part, and here we have an ongoing situation where human eggs are being sold at all sorts of varying prices,” said Barto.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Has this been done in any other state? As the article says, men can still donate sperm, and get paid but not woman. I think this is just nuts. They are concerned that this will only be done by poor people and it is not fair. I say as long as the person is informed of the risk, there is nothing wrong with it . I personally do not know anyone doing this, its not like loads of poor people are rushing out to get this done. Arizona has other problems they need to be focusing on, not this. .... Shesh......

www.kpho.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Could it be...? Maybe hidden in the rhetoric that they are concerned that the genetics of the "poor people" would be perpetrated?

I certainly don't know the thought process...but the thought of that is distasteful...

There are some points made up-front. Some valid points at that! But I tend to look below the surface of things, and I'm not sure I like the undertow in this one.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

i think they are doing this to stop back alleyway sellers making huge profits, people will pay out their league to do anything for a baby, its about time they curbed this sort of thing, if i was a man and wanted to donate sperm i wouldn't want a penny because its something that im doing to HELP other people to conceive

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshiner
reply to post by amatrine

i think they are doing this to stop back alleyway sellers making huge profits, people will pay out their league to do anything for a baby, its about time they curbed this sort of thing, if i was a man and wanted to donate sperm i wouldn't want a penny because its something that im doing to HELP other people to conceive

Deep Throat via Bernstein taught us to follow the money. And your point is well made. The other side of that money is more subtle though. There are elite lawmakers out there that truly belive that all social status is based on genetics. So therefore (in the minds of the elite) if poor people are selling eggs and sperm, then the resulting children will be genetically pre-disposed to the poor side of the bell curve. Weighting the curve to the poor side will increase societal spending and the resulting increase in cost to the "elite".

Look below the surface...at the undertow. An undertow pulls you down and out while the surface remains relatively unaffected. Those only looking at the surface never see your struggle below as you get pulled into being part of the status quo.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rotorwing
Could it be...? Maybe hidden in the rhetoric that they are concerned that the genetics of the "poor people" would be perpetrated?

I certainly don't know the thought process...but the thought of that is distasteful...

There are some points made up-front. Some valid points at that! But I tend to look below the surface of things, and I'm not sure I like the undertow in this one.

Hmm, Good point. I did not even consider that idea. Scary world we live in.

top topics

join