It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For anything pointing towards an afterlife, there’s always something going against it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Why is that? For everything pointing towards an afterlife there is always people showing that those theory’s are always false. I am not bashing sceptics, my opinion is that there should be more. But like I am saying is, if there are people like James Randi and Susan Blackmore, there really isn’t anything that they haven’t fought against and won. Everything from micro tubules showing states of quantum states, to NDE's they have always debunked. So I ask, do any of you have any theories that they cannot debunk, because so far they have done a great job (look at their sites)??? I am not talking about esoteric talk, but theories that make sense of life after death. Are there any?!?!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Why is that? For everything pointing towards an afterlife there is always people showing that those theory’s are always false. I am not bashing sceptics, my opinion is that there should be more. But like I am saying is, if there are people like James Randi and Susan Blackmore, there really isn’t anything that they haven’t fought against and won. Everything from micro tubules showing states of quantum states, to NDE's they have always debunked. So I ask, do any of you have any theories that they cannot debunk, because so far they have done a great job (look at their sites)??? I am not talking about esoteric talk, but theories that make sense of life after death. Are there any?!?!

Once we die, life as we know it ceases to exist. IN that sense, there is no life after death.

But remember... everyone is unique and finite. This means that the organization within our bodies is reproducable. Every facet of our being down to the exact placement of a single quark inside our brain is a finite and unique reality to each of us. No one person is the same as another.

In a sense, within us is programmed a password for our existence as we are... at a given time. Every second this password changes, but it is as we are thus far.

To realize the realm of possibility and it's infinitude is to realize that it is pointless to fret death.

EVEN if you don't believe in God, your sciences should be enough of an assurance... regardless of how vain and inconclusive they are.

Stop fearing it, we all share it. Love while we're here - do not fret.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I use to have a huge fear in death, but after I have seen reports of people who have died and came back alive, the dying process (after the part when the body struggles to survive) is actually quite peaceful, and what better then not existing after death, for me that would be total ecstasy (in my opinion) I am just intrigued in reincarnation cases and theories of the afterlife. So I ask if anyone has a theory(s) that can go against James Randi or Susan Blackmore. Anyone??

join