It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevermind. . .My Mistake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My views don't meet the general consensus. . .sorry.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Divine Strake]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Removed because my point was made.
Cheers OP

[edit on 17-2-2010 by DrumsRfun]

[edit on 17-2-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

It seems to me that you're contributing to the very same problem that you're complaining about. How is your rant contributing to 'Other Current Events'?

There's a section on the site for this type of thing. This section isn't it.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The member who wrote that thread, you are complaining about,
is new to ATS.New members have to start somewhere.At least he
is trying to contribute something to this board.I think you should
give him some slack and back off.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
In my neck of the woods,this IS a current affair.
We voted for a Black man,as a State,that took some suspension of dislike for a lot of people.It looked like race relations were a bit better for about a week,then reality kept intruding.

Now there are robberies in the nearest city off the charts.The police reports try to not appear racist by omitting the color of the perps about half the time,when it's youths of darker color.Whites are always listed as such.HmmmmmLess than 10% committing the vast majority of violent crimes,spin it as you like,the effects remain.

It's creepy.We try and try to accomodate and be righteous.Running out of slack.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I agree with OP on this thread. That thread was useless drivel.

Second line

CX

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
IMO ATS is working the same as it always has. There will always be someone who puts up a thread we've either heard before or a post that is not quite in the correct place (like this one).

That's one of the reasons we have mods for though, they usualy are quick to shift the thread to the right place. Plus, they don't always catch these things right away, so give them a chance i say.

Someone once said, "You become a master of what you focus on." If all we do is concentrate on the negative about ATS, thats all you'll see and won't ever bother with the great stuff here.

People need to remember, earth shattering conspiracies don't come around every day either. When they do though, you can bank on this place being at the head of the discussion line.

Threads like this do keep us from being complacent i believe, but if every person who moaned about the way ATS is going, got off thier backsides and posted about an interesting conspiracy, things wouldn't look so bad for them would it?

Failing that, you could always add this to the many threads about the conspiracy to bring ATS down by people posting negative threads all the time.

CX.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Hey Divine Strake,

I have nothing to say about "the way ATS used to be". I have only been here for a little more then a year.

Since i see no posts from any of the "legends", i guess it's not such a big deal.

Peace

[edit on 17-2-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I agree with mamabeth. the guy is new here, give him a break. Everyone has to start somewhere. I found it interesting actually.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So you take ONE THREAD, POSTED BY A NEW MEMBER and say the entire site has degraded?
Nice logic.
look around you..THE WORLD has degraded. We just talk about it here.
And from the look of your own profile...you have been around both long enough to know better than to post a thread such as this, and long enough to contribute enough content to "upgrade" the quality of ATS.
So..be careful where you throw stones.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Okay, I see. My apologies.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

True, my apologies.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah. . .sometimes I respond before thinking all the way through. . .I guess it seems to be a group trend.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
Nevermind. . .My Mistake

Now where are the stars when you need them....

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What is going on in here?

I must say....

Okay, I see. My apologies.

That's the first time I have ever seen a member actually apologize on this site...

Respect.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Apologies are rare. I have a whopper of an apology coming depending on the outcome of a thread

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have no idea what this thread is/was about.. but unless it was about how much you hate that putting kittens & puppies in microwaves isnt morally acceptable, then you are forgiven.

Originally posted by jinx880101

That's the first time I have ever seen a member actually apologize on this site...

Ditto!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
SO....

Are we going to turn this into the thread of all threads or not ?

Is this one of those ATS fell apart because someone new posted something and then someone with about a year under their belt figures they have the ability to levitate and start a new cult now because they managed not to get banned and formed a sentence or something ?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Aw, you removed the OP just because people disagree?

That is silly, no matter what you write there will be people who disagree... If you just run and hide how will you ever get your view point across?

Look if some one challenges your beliefs don't just take your ball and go home, defend them! You have every right to an opinion just like those who disagree with you...

Come on, don't coward out on us.... I am seeing more and more of people removing there OP for such dumb reasons ( No offense to the OP)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ok. So your thoughts don't match the general consensus..WELCOME to ATS!
Denying the beliefs of the General consensus for over a decade!
There is nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion, however..yes you did jump the gun a bit considering the success of the thread you questioned.
Your only fault was voicing your thoughts prematurely in a rant, instead of just posting them on the existing thread.
You want to debate your thoughts and opinions on a topic? Do it!
My gosh, I have been crucified, raked over the coals, tarred and feathered and had my ass served up to me on a silver platter for dinner here...so what.
that which doesn't kill me, makes me a stronger better person..and it expands my knowledge and view of the world.
You learned something new from this experience..and that is never a bad thing.

join