It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden's Ramblings Finally Make Sense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Joe Biden has obviously been the butt of many political jokes....I'm sure B.O. himself winces every time the guy opens his mouth

Finally though, he makes some sense in an interview this morning-

WASHINGTON (AP) - Vice President Joe Biden says "Washington right now is broken" and the country is in "deep trouble" unless it attacks ballooning federal deficits. Asked about the political climate across the country, Biden said in a nationally broadcast interview that "we understand why they're angry. ... We get it."

Speaking of intense partisanship in the capital, Biden said on CBS's "The Early Show" that "I've never seen it this dysfunctional." He said the message coming from the stunning Republican upset in the recent Massachusetts election was, 'Hey guys, get your act together. Get something going.'"

Source Article

Broken? Strong words from the VP...but the truth

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Biden certaining runs his mouth unchecked, but I kind of like it. He either is or is painted to be sort of loony, but my gut feeling has been that he is trying to sneak out clues to what is coming, and it really pisses off the guys up top. He must have strong blood ties for them to allow him to stay in the positions he's been given. Wow, just woke up, and running unchecked myself!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Biden certaining runs his mouth unchecked, but I kind of like it. He either is or is painted to be sort of loony ...

Dare I say it?

Biden (his time) is none other than the Palin of the democrat party.

And I'm sure more democrats that just obama wince whenever Biden (his time) starts to talk.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Biden (his time) is none other than the Palin of the democrat party.

I tend to agree with this statement. I find it funny when people say things like:

"the liberals are just scared of Palin"

Um, no we're not...we are scared of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Biden, like most other clowns we call "career politicians" provide us with the political theater that further empowers their "party".

In fact, I remain convinced that the "party" is a singularly controlled entity, and most verbal 'gaffs' are staged, along with the media circus that usually accompanies them.

Democrat, Republican, and dare I say it... even Independents, are all part of the same flawed, mismanaged, fraudulent, and misrepresented "system" which allows us to blithely continue believing that if we elect some other 'member' of their club, things will change.

It's the PARTY that needs to be overthrown, NOT the government. The party has prostituted itself and won't even allow the citizens to vote freely..., only their 'approved' and 'endorsed' cronies get seen and heard.

They create 'scandals' for entertainment and distraction, they engage in name-calling, and rhetoric that all seems to hide the very real fact that as of 100 years ago, they do as they a) please, or b) are told to do by the mythical 'party' to which they 'belong' at the time. We have all seen how quickly and easily 'career politicians' change parties whenever it suits them and their owners.

"We get it" he says. My answer to that is "Where have you been that it took THIS LONG to "get it"?

And who is "we"?

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Right on the money! The VPOTUS number one job is to be a lightning rod of criticism, taking the heat off the POTUS. When Bush(GHW) was elected after being Reagans goof, they had to find a really dumb VP, ergo Dan Quayle. Hell, GW Bush was bad enough that his VP had to shoot someone in a hunting accident to make him look better in comparison! I can't remember Carters goofball sidekick, but he must have been a doozy, too. Ewwh! How did I forget ALGORE aka Manbearpig!

[edit on 17-2-2010 by butcherguy]

top topics

join