It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious domes of Siberia's valley of death.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

this is quite fascinating indeed...

ianyone want to make a trip to Siberia...
just to check it out..

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have read about this domes in an italian article related to the Tunguska explosion. If i can find the article i post a link.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Is google earth a possiblity to find them?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for the interest guys.

I thought this was very interesting when I first came across the story.

To all those asking for photos, I looked around the net for a fairly long time trying to piece this together but couldn't find any. That's not to say that there aren't any though, I don't know. Maybe some other members will have better luck.

It's a shame that google Earth didn't work out. I'm assuming that the resolution of the pictures of the area are not high enough o see anything? Good thinking though, didn't cross my mind to even check.

I hope we can come up with more information on this. Great work so far guys.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Chonx]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
And wasn't Tesla involved with Siberia somehow? (forgive me, my memory).
Depends on what version of the Tunguska explosion story you subscribe to.

Some sources claim Tesla was testing a new invention and is responsible for the event, which was comparable to a nuclear explosion.

Do a search for "Tunguska, Tesla" on google or youtube for the details.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Oops! Nevermind. The link to the dam photo with the 'strange metallic objects' that I listed is already shown in the OP's astrology.com link. On second thought, I'll repost the link anyhow because the photo in this link is larger in case anyone would like a closer examination of it.

earthsbanner.com/tunguska/ValleyOfDeath1.pdf

Thank you for this thread, OP! I love, love, love it and had never heard of this until now. You're the best!

[edit on 17-2-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's 2010! Where's the photographs of these domes if people have been there!
Edit: Line 2

[edit on 17-2-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that possibly, this region was once home to a lost civilization?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
sorry. already been posted.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by fooks]

[edit on 17-2-2010 by fooks]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Just did a remote view on these Domes. It seems they are real.
Remnants of the first colonization of earth from early expeditions from the Pleiades.

They have been there for eons and were at first used as a station, then later this was the first settlement when The Star Gods
decided to populate the earth with a new species they came to call man.

Created to do the physical labor for these Gods. What these Gods did
not for see, in making man intelligent enough to follow instructions. He
was also capable of memory and thinking for himself. Soon he knew of
the one true creator God, of all that has come to be.

Does any of this sound plausible?

A rest stop for the Gods.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Just did a remote view on these Domes. It seems they are real.
Remnants of the first colonization of earth from early expeditions from the Pleiades.

They have been there for eons and were at first used as a station, then later this was the first settlement when The Star Gods
decided to populate the earth with a new species they came to call man.

Created to do the physical labor for these Gods. What these Gods did
not for see, in making man intelligent enough to follow instructions. He
was also capable of memory and thinking for himself. Soon he knew of
the one true creator God, of all that has come to be.

Does any of this sound plausible?

A rest stop for the Gods.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by randyvs]

It would sound more plausible if your story involved the description of the item you were 'viewing' and not it's history.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I flagged the thread b/c I have never heard of this place and it is very intriguing.

But there seems to be a contradiction, yes? How are these objects deadly to all living things (with injuries resembling radiation sickness), yet around each one flora grows in strange abundance? Is there a known mechanism through which plant life is accelerated but mammal life is harmed? How does this compare with known nuclear sites such as after the Soviet Union's Chernobyl disaster?

I too would love a modern expedition to take up the cause. Heck, maybe even have the Discovery channel underwrite it (they have done far worse....)! We would need all sorts of measuring gear to figure out if the seeming radiation is ambient or focused on this items, take samples of the plant life, and a diamond drill to cut off a piece? I'm making my shopping list already

Fascinating, such a mystery waiting to be explored.

As for getting new info and going along with the 6 degrees of separation theory, surely someone knows someone who might know someone else close enough to take a visit we could send a camera to (assuming they don't already have one)? Are there any colleges in that country that we could potentially connect with, or anyone using the area for mineral exploration? How closed off are they to western influence these days?

From the totally speculative and w/o any evidence bin, could these be terraforming devices?

Edit to add: what is behind the reported facts that if some people stay even a few nights inside they die, while the Trader and his daughter seemed to suffer no ill effects? The story seems to indicate he used these spots quite a bit while he travelled....

[edit on 2/17/2010 by DeathTribble]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am going to post a skeptics theory here that removes us from alien involvement ...

Possibly, the little domes are some kind of pillbox or a viewing station used by the military during the nuclear bomb testing. Some crazy Russian probably thought "hey let me sit in the dome when the bomb goes off".

If they are observation stations then maybe they are connected via underground tunnels. This would explain the "unknown" possibly military grade metal shell that protects the dome because it would need to withstand a blast and this would also explain the sickness (which is not specified so I can speculate that it is radiation poisoning).

Fantastic story though. Look forward to it developing.

Edit:typo

[edit on 17-2-2010 by george_gaz]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I've been trying to remote view Megan Fox, but she's got some Caller ID screen or something...just can't get through!

I've about exhausted the web looking for more information on these boilers/cauldrons. Not a picture to be found that isn't already on the thread. It's a great location for a mystery. Last year an English writer brought out a book about her travels in the backwoods of Siberia. She was interviewed on BBC Radio 4 and mentioned a mining town that was plagued with UFOs and machinery stopping when they appeared. Apparently, the army sent investigators. She was scoffing at the idea as a 'dumb villagers' hysteria. I'd love to know more on that one and the exact location...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

That's an intriguing theory, but how far back do these stories go? Has anyone pinpointed the first instance in which they are definitively discussed? I *thought* it predated the bomb, but I am just now starting to research. But a good suggestion, nonetheless. If that were the case, we should see the same basic design at other known early Soviet test sites. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

But what accounts for the excessive plant growth!?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathTribble

If this eye-witness-testimoney is to be believed then the chambers do predate any nuclear testing.

In ancient times, the Valley of Death was part of a nomadic route used by the Evenk
people, from Bodaibo to Annybar and on to the coast of the Laptev Sea. Right up until
1936, a merchant named Savvinov traded on the route; when he gave up the business, the
inhabitants gradually abandoned those places. Finally, the aged merchant and his granddaughter
Zina decided to move to Siuldiukar. Somewhere in the land between two rivers
that is known as Kheldyu ("iron house" in the local language), the old man led her to a
small, slightly flattened reddish arch where, beyond a spiral passageway, there turned out
to be a number of metal chambers in which they then spent the night. Zina's grandfather
told her that even in the harshest frosts it was warm as summer in the chambers.

This claims that the metal structures were around in the mid thirties, surely no A-bomb testing was happening that early?

Again with this EWT:

Back in 1853, R. Maak, a noted explorer of the region, wrote:
"In Suntar [a Yakut settlement] I was told that in the upper reaches
of the Viliuy there is a stream called Algy timirbit (which
translates as "the large cauldron sank") flowing into the Viliuy.
Close to its bank in the forest there is a gigantic cauldron made of
copper. Its size is unknown as only the rim
is visible above the ground, but several
trees grow within it…"

Edit: added second testimony

[edit on 17-2-2010 by george_gaz]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
Oops! Nevermind. The link to the dam photo with the 'strange metallic objects' that I listed is already shown in the OP's astrology.com link. On second thought, I'll repost the link anyhow because the photo in this link is larger in case anyone would like a closer examination of it.

earthsbanner.com/tunguska/ValleyOfDeath1.pdf

Thank you for this thread, OP! I love, love, love it and had never heard of this until now. You're the best!

[edit on 17-2-2010 by gazerstar]

Wondeful this is the same article that i've mentioned, translated in english (or more probably this is the original that i've read translated in italian)

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
this is good, haven't read the thread yet, but since the early 1980's so many rumours have circulated about this. I've had trouble finding reputable sources, although a decent threat (what AS is suppossed to be about) is a start!
We need russian translation. A few explorers were moving thru Sibera and these bunkers were well documented.
I am hanging for some PHOTOS. I saw some once years ago here linked to ATS although there was absolutely no proof they were from Siberia.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I saw a program on Chernobyl a few months ago. They were testing radiation in the local plants and wildlife. Unfortunately there were no giant man eating plants or three eyed, six legged Foxes.

Perhaps if the domes are warmer than the surrounding area the plantlife has a bit of a growth "leg up" compared to its neighbours.

Pure speculation of course.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This has certainly made me wonder about a lot of things.

#1. Now that the U.S.S.R. is no more, and the place has opened up (at least far more so than before), it would seem to me that expeditions would be made into these remote areas by explorers wanting to capture new lands. Thus far, it seems not to have happened in this area.

#2. The climate debate (regardless of which side you're on) often times cites methane deposits in the tundra of Siberia that could alter the atmosphere should Siberia warm enough. One would think that expeditions would be made by environmentalists to these locations for on-site testing. On the way to, and from, the cites, one could also imagine that they'd possibly see things along the way like this and want to take a look, or film them.

#3. Does anyone know if Siberia has a media block on that area, or perhaps denying people access to it under threat of imprisonment?

#4. Is there any way to look up current on-going field investigations (universities dig for fossils there) in the area that ATS could contact to ask them to take a look?

It seems to me that we here at ATS need to find ourselves some friends in these far off locations, or friends that are going close to them. Are there any oil or natural gas fields out there that are being tapped? If so, there may be contractors to contact.

I love the idea of this thread. I hope some evidence gets brought to light about this. The key is getting detailed information out before these things get removed from the area and hidden by people who want to keep the world ignorant of the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join