It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals "blessing" people when they sneeze?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is one of my first real threads so bare with me i guess.

My cat is very odd indeed, i got him when he was less than a year old. His previous owner didn't have time for him so gave him to my relatives who gave him to us. By the time I got him he was extremely traumatized, flinchy, jumpy and all around sketchy to say the least. He hid in a very tight space in my basement for about 2 days not drinking or eating or wanting to be touched. I finally crawled back there and carried him out and he found a more suitable small space on the main floor to occupy while drinking out of a close jug of water used for watering plants. (which he still only drinks out of? i guess its what he learned and what hes used to) Its been about 5 years now and hes just becoming somewhat "normal". His personality is very odd, to put it bluntly he acts like lazy person or dog more than a cat. never exhibits any usual cat like traits. And the weird thing is, He only meows (and its more of a squeak like he has a frog in his throat) After someone sneezes?

I wanted to know if anyone had any similar experiences with any animals "blessing" you after you sneeze?

I didn't think they were smart enough to maybe recognize that it is a similar thing we both do but maybe that is the case.

I also wanted to know if anyone knew anything about if there is some sort of spiritual significance of cats.

i have heard the usual folk tales and voodoo/hoodoo things involving cats, and also that perhaps they could be some sort of "spirit guide" if you will. Ive also read somewhere that as our "spirits" progress through lifetimes they eventually come close to humans before they inhabit our human bodies. Such as being in cats or dogs, and also that there are different levels of cats and dogs spiritual growth which at the end stages they don't show many cat like characteristics at all and may seem somewhat "inept at cat hood" i think the book put it. right before they may progress into a human body. or maybe it is because they have been so domesticated that they are becoming lazy and dependent on us completely... which makes more sense to me. It seemed a bit bogus but sparked my interests nonetheless depends on your beliefs really.

Any comments suggestions are appreciated.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Consciousness]

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Consciousness]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
post removed

[edit on 14/2/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Funny you say this, I always bless my cats when they sneeze. They don't do the same for me but they always say thankyou when I let them in the house with a little chirpy "meow".

Re the water: cats prefer "old" water or rainwater as it has been standing long enough to let some of the chemicals evaporate into the air. Maybe try using a regular feeding dish but with water that has been left to satand for a few days and exposed to air.

I have three cats all with completely different personalities, one of them is VERY affectionate, one is a lazy slob and one is a real scaredy-cat and jumps or runs from any sudden movement or noise.

Cats are cool, and cats are FAR smarter than most people give them credit for

Cheers...."achoo!"

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Animals can be very in tune to and with us as well as our environment.
There is some sort of connection on a larger scale.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have four dogs, and I notice that whenever I sneeze... my more intelligent dog looks me right in the eye and then puts his paw on me.
My other dogs just stare at me... mostly because a sneeze is just a weird loud noise that gives them cause for alarm.

Of course, my more intelligent dog also happens to be the one dog that was initially abandoned. I drove 12 hours to pick him up from a woman who found the puppies half frozen in the snow, infested with worms, with the mother dog growling at them. They were barely 4 weeks old. So needless to say, he didn't have the best time of it at the beginning. Then the ride back in the car probably wasn't fun for him - nor the tons of vet appointments to fix the various medical issues he had... since I had to leave him at the vet overnight in some instances, he probably felt abandoned again every time I brought him to the vet.
So now, at a little over a year old, he's much more attached to me than my other dogs are. And no matter what I do, he usually gives me more of a concerned reaction then the rest of 'em.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
just record ur animal and send it to the funny video's people// thats about as in-depth as animal relations to humans ... imo.

top topics

join