It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my neigbhor and his #$%$#^#@$ bike!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a while ago my neighbor across the street purchased a bike. a crotch rocket type motorcycle to be precise. i talked to him when he first got it, i looked it over and then promptly told him what he was going to be doing with it, speeding, revving it up, basically being a PITA annoyance with it. nah he tells me...he's gonna ride it responsibly..

this lasted all of two weeks, MAYBE.

he revs it on a daily basis, goes blasting up and down on the street and is almost acting like a menace. now i like my neighbor, he's been nice and cordial and has never given me a reason to think negatively of him. until now.

i hate his bike and how he's acting on it. he has a wife and two kids. he's a man reaching middle age and seems to be trying to relive some youth he once had or is trying to live a life he is longer allowed to have as a result of having a family.

i have pretty avoided him since having the talk with him and giving my predictions of his future behavior. i hate people who gives motorcycle owners a bad name. i hate people who really believe that they are 100% in control of their bike and their surroundings and use this as an excuse to act out on their bike. i despise people who act as though every red light or stop sign is the starting point for their next 100+ MPH blast down the street.

his responsible riding has given way to him acting as though he's in a DMX video. now normally i wouldnt give a damn as most who act like this are generally single but he has a family and that bothers me. i dont want anything to happen to him and the more he acts a fool on that bike the higher his chances are of #ing up and getting seriously hurt.

i cant wait till that bike is gone one day...i cant wait!!!

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
he just needs to run into some real thugs, that'll take is pseudo hardcore image right away lol

I got blood on my hands and there's no remorse

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If it was a harley I'd say it was cool. A harley owner would probly respect you wishes. Older guys who buy these plastic bikes are usually going through a midlife crisis. I say steal it and sell the parts. Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Harley's are super loud, but as thebeagle said, they are cool enough to let it slide for the most part.

PMonkey, you could always try the approach of the concerned friend who just wants him to realize it only takes one small mistake to cause a lifetime of trouble. After all, you are concerned about the situation as a whole. That of course won't sink in though, so, after that you should then maybe, in your own kinda way, show him a few pictures that will stick with him of other bike accidents. Something from a medical book is always good.

Kind of a rough way to deal with it, and results can vary, but it's what came to my mind....

top topics

join