It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning for after the Possible Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think there is a chance that there might be some sort of revolution in the United States in the next decade or so. I cannot tell you whether this revolution will be peaceful, I cannot tell you whether it will be just, and I cannot tell you whether it will make the country better off. All I can say is that there is a chance some sort of revolution could take place.

What I can tell you that if some sort of revolution took place, is that there would be a potential for chaos and a break down of the societal fabric. The goods and services people rely on like electricity, health care, and food may not be available because many of the people who provide them may no longer be present or otherwise unwilling or unable to provide these goods and services.

Perhaps people should start planning a post-revolution infrastructure. This country is going to need engineers, doctors, bankers, police officers, nurses, scientists, and other people who can take the wheel in the event of a revolution. We are going to need to find ways to secure the infrastructure so it does not get destroyed during any upheaval.

We cannot however, rely on the government to make this plan. The government as we know it will crumble during the revolution, along with any post-revolution plan it has. Perhaps people should start planning for the post-revolution world now. They could form councils that could draw up plans for a post revolution world.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There will be a massive reorganization of some kind. Why? The "social contract" -- the French abomination that gave us the modern welfare state and its vile woes -- is torn asunder.

For example, How dare California make a moral claim on my life via tax dollars extracted against my will at the point of a federal gun?

Secondly, I've had it, as a straight-White-Christian-male, with all the finger pointing and evil name calling. Being a Beast of Burden for everyone else but my own put-upon children is coming to a screeching halt. Let's see how the Red Left does earning its own living for a change, without the fleecing of the productive class.

So my bet is that the economy will shatter no matter which particular cause is the effective cause. As in the USSR, people will simply stop working.

The question is, What will the federals, who would still control the police and military power as a means to project their political will, do?

Will we be compelled to work death-camp style? Will there be Gulags for those dissenters that refuse to comply?

Will moving away from the metropolitan areas be sufficient to insulate one's self from urban hordes, government operatives, apparatchiks and thugs?

Good questions. My vote is for the mountains. Duh!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I agree with you, things might be coming up that none of us will find pleasant to deal with.

But at the same time, good luck organizing such a community that would be able to upkeep the infrastructure that citizens and troops(foreign and domestic alike) will be destroying all around you at amazing speed. If you even try to defend the NWO's current infrastructure that is in place, American patriots will remove you for good.

There WILL be confusion and most likely far too much anger, to keep from being removed from the equation, if you try and stop either side from going at it.

I'm probably wrong though. I bet patriots will be more than happy to work with you on preserving this world that is known to belong to the bankers and crooked politicians that caused this mess.

On the other hand, Doctors and other skilled workers could not fathom that there could ever be any other reality than this matrix and worship of currency, so they might be willing to fight to keep this system of debt, and the infrastructure facilitating it.

Random ramblings. Thanks for making me think. It was fun.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
there is a revolution every 2-4 years in the US...has been since the founding of the country.

its called voting.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
there is a revolution every 2-4 years in the US...has been since the founding of the country.

its called voting.

LOL...
lol
haha
lol

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
AH!!! Revolution. Infrastructure?
I'm sad to admit that I've experienced a relationship that became sour in my earlier days, personally. It's a regret that used to weigh heavy on my shoulders until I refused to hold anything that reminded me of that relationship. The best way for me to cope with that loss was to leave it in the past, and rebuild anew, from scratch.
Was it hard? Extremely. Was it worth it? Very much so. Would I do it all over again? Yes. Would I remember to avoid making the same mistakes? I would die trying.
Revolution; It's a matter of life and death. That's a hard call, and a good topic!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

its called voting.

But it aint as excitin' as red dawn!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
O/k so some Dude gets up and says, I will be the new President and be the new leader of your country.
Stop all this senseless killing, burning, raping and looting, and hand in your guns.

What do you think the answer to that would be ?

Once the blood lust rises and anarchy begins, there will be a complete total breakdown of law, order, and infrastructure.
Nothing is going to be able stop it once it begins.
The killing and looting will continue until America is a desolate smoking starving ruin.
No American is going to stop shooting until he is either dead or runs out of ammo.

Now ask any American, would he volunteer to go to Zimbabwe and risk death to stop the civil war there ?
Hell no, who gives a crap about what happens Zimbabwe.

Likewise no foreign government, or the people of any other nation on earth will give a crap about the coming civil war in America.
We will just watch it on TV.

Just fight it out between yourselves.
There will be no foreign army coming to help either you or the US government.
And while MASSIVE international foreign aid is pouring into Iraq to help the Iraqi people successfully fight off the US military (for seven years now).
There will be no foreign aid flowing to the American people to keep you fighting your own government.

The people from all the nations that America have bombed, threatened bullied and invaded for sixty years, and that now includes just about every nation on earth, support the Iraqi people, but will not be coming to help you.

[edit on 14/2/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeres

its called voting.

LOL...
lol
haha
lol

I take it you dont vote then

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

As silver shadow said, once the blood lust starts, it will be impossible to stop. It won't be a revolution, it will be a race war against people of color, illegal immigrants or perceived illegals.

How will the enemy be identified? Who will the revolution be against exactly. Who will be the leaders.

No sorry it will be mob rule, blood and chaos, the cities will burn and once it starts it will never end. There will be constant tribal warfare over resources.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
There will be no revolution, no race war , no immigrant war.
We vote the people out, the next group will reverse all the crap they have done and life will go on.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
And must remember to learn Chinese if there is a revolution....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

As silver shadow said, once the blood lust starts, it will be impossible to stop. It won't be a revolution, it will be a race war against people of color, illegal immigrants or perceived illegals.

How will the enemy be identified? Who will the revolution be against exactly. Who will be the leaders.

No sorry it will be mob rule, blood and chaos, the cities will burn and once it starts it will never end. There will be constant tribal warfare over resources.

I don't know what you would call it, just deadly chaos and confusion.

What happened in New Orleans might be a clue.

And what is now happening in Haiti too, may be very relevant to America's future.

The elite will hide in their luxury DUMB bunkers.
Cops will stay at home to protect their families.

The military will at first try to keep the peace (they are patriots and very honorable men).
But when the idiots start sniping at the military and throwing Molotov cocktails, the military will respond with deadly well trained efficiency.
When a few military have been killed in urban warfare, they will just go nuts and treat American civilians just like any other foreign enemy.

I can see it getting out of hand very quickly.

But I can see no way it can ever end peacefully.

Trust, diplomacy, truce, or compromise is just cowardice to any "big balled" American.
The swift application of overwhelming deadly force is the solution to EVERY problem.
The policy of "do what I want or die" has been what has made, and kept America a world power.
And it is what is now going to totally destroy your nation.

[edit on 14/2/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeofthemountain
Secondly, I've had it, as a straight-White-Christian-male, with all the finger pointing and evil name calling. Being a Beast of Burden for everyone else but my own put-upon children is coming to a screeching halt. Let's see how the Red Left does earning its own living for a change, without the fleecing of the productive class.

Right sir, in my opinion, you're out of your straight-white-Christian-male mind. The president of your country may be half-black now, but that hardly means that you're demographic isn't still in control of the country. The government, private business, the political parties, and most of the land in the United States is still majority controlled by straight-white-Christian-males. By the way notice how I only capitalized Christian there, because it's the only proper noun?

What you are discussing here is tantamount to the ending of the film "Birth Of A Nation!" It's insane and racist as bloody hell. If your power base is slipping, if the straight-white-Christian-male is somehow reaching parity with everyone else, then that just means that affirmative action must have proved me wrong and worked.

Change any one of your determiners there and see what it is like to actually be a minority in America. Instead of straight, be gay; instead of white be black or latino; instead of Christian, be Atheist; instead of male, be female. Trust me you'll get a hell of a lot more finger pointing and name calling.

Take it from this straight-half-white-half-Asian-Buddhist-male you guys have it pretty good. It's when members of the "productive class" make comments like you just did that the rest of us "unproductive classes" get a little put off.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeofthemountain
For example, How dare California make a moral claim on my life via tax dollars extracted against my will at the point of a federal gun?

Wow, how dare the State of California invoke its constitutional right to tax its citizens! How dare they enforce that right with the threat of apprehension and incarceration!
How dare anyone do what they are legally allowed and entitled to do!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Right-wing radio and tea parties aren't enough for a revolution. Republicans are starting to sound like home grown "terrorists." Maybe that's what we should call them. That will put a quick end to any revolution.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by ivorywire]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I agree and I like your thread I hate the whole it will happen in 24 hours crap. But in the near future I do see something happening I just don't know what. We are stretched like a rubber band and they continue to pull from both sides eventually it will break. I will list the reasons I believe it will happen.

1--No more good paying factory jobs

2--Huge public debt

3--Apathy one day that will turn to resolve I just don't know what towards

4--The young feel they are entitled and are also lazy

5--Boys are being raised like girls I hate to say it but it is true

6--Large segment of population growing old and need entitlements

7--Huge immigration problem alot of them don't even consider America there home.

8--The failure to break up monopoly's

9--almost everyone exploited easy credit

10-- The progressives are gaining control "Hitler was a progressive"

Most people don't spank there kids and there kids rule the house and can say and do what they want. Also young people consider themselves winners even if they lose. And the standards are lowered.

I am glad for one thing if the young teens and early twenty somethings get it in there heads to join with the progressives and take this show on the road. I have news for them, they should take a good hard look at generation "X" we will eat there lunch. We where not raised as women. And I mean no offense to women but I look at the current and future young men as a feminine,weak.progressive,entitled group that should have been taken out the wood shed.

Also I know this does not speak for all of you thank god.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

I could foresee a period of anarchy and societal breakdown no matter how well people plan. That period can last a few days or a few centuries.

My idea is to have an infrastructure in place that will have credibility with the people who would be in control of the new society. The new leaders could adopt the infrastructure because it will not have been tainted by the old leaders.

The infrastructure can bring stability, and more importantly, be used to fend off a foreign invasion. It is not inconceivable that China and/or Europe could occupy the US in the event of a crisis.

new topics

top topics

join