It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lucid dreams and a message.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
During my sleep, I had another vivid visual experience or what some may call a lucid dream. The enviorment in this dream had an odd uplifting feeling to it that I can only describe as positively uplifting or euphoric. Physically, it is undescribable as there was nothing I can possibly relate to the physical world we know of on earth to the places being played out before me. as well, the 'entities' that constantly visit me in my dreams are as undescribable in looks as the enviorments that are being played out. Most take on a human figure and of course 'speak' english, but never do they take on a full human look. A 'phased' transparency, and luminsecent glow would be the best way to decribe these said entities.

the interesting thing about my lucid dream experiences and my day dreams/creative imagination is that my day dreams dont follow the organised synchronsation and vivid visulisations that my lucid dreams do.

Sure, one can say dreams are pure imagination and is just our brain re-freshing and organising the huge amounts of data received while awake, during R.E.M.

Maybe its '___' being produced in my pineal gland during deep sleep causing these unusual experiences?

well In my lucid dreams its as if a movie is playing out before me, I have control over it, but only to some degree in the sense that I can only project my thoughts to these other entities that are visiting me, but it doesnt change anything except the replies/thoughts I get back/receive from these entities?

...well the places I travel too and the amount of detail gone into the enviorments I 'play' through... I just CANNOT pinpoint when or where in the heck i've seen such a place during my life. Again, utterly undescribable.

Well, to the point of this thread. An entity brought up a very interesting thought to my mind at the end of a long dream.

All living manifestations in this reality, come from the same benign god source, and we are, in all actuality, shards of that higher source; living and experiencing this physical manifestation with the conceptualisation that we are individual/seperate from one another but in all essence, past present and future doesnt exist because we are all simultaneously playing our own variations in our own chosen physical suit acting in our own chosen way.

...never would god be bored because life will never play out the same as long as that individual/seperate from eachother mind-set stays within people, life plays out depending upon how we act upon it and eachother and if everyone figured out the game it just wouldn't be fun anymore now would it?

well this idea has been brought to the table if my memory serves correct, but im beginning to be convinced of it and I thought i'd share why.

Does anyone else have similar dreams?

I don't have sleep paralysis, and I don't have any un-explainable occurences happening to me other then these dreams. if anyone has any idea why my deep sleep lucid dreams are so exponetially other-worldy in comparison to my day dream imaginations i would like to hear it.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Re: we are all shards of God.
You should really try reading some of Alan Watts books. He talks about this very idea.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by godless]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yes! To expand on this - I have found that if a dream is not about life's problems or some anxiety you have, or not really based on this world - your town, your situation, etc. It is spiritual in a sense. When you don't have the world on your mind, the brain must dream of something eventually, and when you are that way you give it options now. It doesn't have to do the dirty work of organizing and reconfiguring your problems to where you will accept them.

That act of organizing and reorganizing and putting sugar coatings on the problems for you is all a blatant waste of time that it ends up doing the work on. Like choosing 10 cards from a deck, these are your problems, now your mind shuffles those obvious 10 cards every night if you are in a state of anxiety or worry. That is to describe it loosely, and well really as well as I can.

Or if you were to simply look at your problems at the base, as one thing, call it Ego or dysfunction, categorize all our blatantly unnecessary worries and fears into one thing. Sure save the legitimate ones, and things you need to deal with. I have found that my nightmares, night terrors etc. are often completely fabricated and have nothing to do with my life, but based on life problems, broad anxieties.

Just the other night I got into it pretty deeply with an imaginary man who was telling me I owed him $100 and I thought I owed him $50. It went on and on for so long I eventually became lucid/realized this was a visualization. I said, "This isn't even real why am I worried about you." I came out of that feeling guilty.

The mind is a powerful thing. And when you become aware of all the stress and anxiety I think it is often found that about 95% of it is phantoms and ghosts, imaginary arguments, things that aren't real, things that never happened. But we usually are not aware of this part of the puzzle. The mind spends so much time on imaginary problems it can't come to the now and deal with our real problems.

Alan Watts is great I would also recommend listening to some of his talks, lots of good ones are on youtube

Edit: so to bring it all together. When your mind is not doing what I'm talking about, it's doing exactly what you are talking about.
[edit on 13-2-2010 by Novise]

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Novise]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by godless

and we are all god experiencing itself.

and wow, im surprised his videos have so little views! I have heard of him before when I first began my research of metaphysics, but i had no idea he had videos on youtube! thank you and this guarantees an interesting lunch break as I will have something to look foward to listen too!

[edit on 14-2-2010 by appliedconcepts]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I get the jist of what you are saying and I agree for the most part.

I do have reoccurring dreams/nightmares where I realise half way through that what is happening is only a product of my anxiety and shackled emotions, and that realisation gives me a complete control, and usually, the previous dream vanishes and I wake up or subconsciously I will think to myself without actually producing images in my mind, half awake half sleeping after such a realisation.

but with these lucid dreams, I havent tried to wake myself up during them, as i've been having to much fun indulging within it. I'm actually scared it might awaken a sleep paralysis in me if i tried force-waking myself during one. I have only ever had two of these odd dreams in my life so rarely do I get the chance to experience them but I can say for sure they arent at all like a normal dream, they are too 'out-of-this-world' and the feelings produced, the whole ambiance of the dreams are indescribably different then a normal dream.

next time I will try it to see what happens. and for sure i'm going to public library today to check out one of his books.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by appliedconcepts
reply to post by Novise

but with these lucid dreams, I havent tried to wake myself up during them, as i've been having to much fun indulging within it. I'm actually scared it might awaken a sleep paralysis in me if i tried force-waking myself during one. I have only ever had two of these odd dreams in my life so rarely do I get the chance to experience them but I can say for sure they arent at all like a normal dream, they are too 'out-of-this-world' and the feelings produced, the whole ambiance of the dreams are indescribably different then a normal dream.

This sounds entirely correct. I was just dwelling on the other side in my post. This side of things you talk about, I think can be looked at as spiritual. I wouldn't try to wake up from a positive, meaningful dream either, I don't mean to suggest that. I am trying to wake up from the pointless anxiety ones and save my energy for the good ones. But that's where I am right now.

I have only had one truly truly out of this world one like you talk about. In it everyone was still human, but many were lucid, definetly (based on) a different world than ours. It was very beautiful too. It was the longest dream I've ever had, that is for sure.

And of course your dreams could be totally outside the spectrum I suggest, but oftentimes it is a profound simplicity that makes these things possible. I have had some vivid dreams that were meaningless, and some regular ones that were spectacular. But yes, the vividness and the ambiance does suggest that your brain is doing something (slightly or greatly who knows)) different.

new topics

top topics

join