It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Beck's Back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
on the road, that is.
Tickets go on sale tomorrow for his show at the Borgata (Atlantic City, NJ) in June.
I saw Jeff last year at the Electric Factory in Philly, which is a mid size toilet. In spite of that, El Becko was in great form.

He is currently touring with Eric Clapton. A real surprise is his new touring band. He kept Jason Rebello on keyboards, but Narada Michael Walden is playing drums and he suggested a female bassist (Tal Wilkenfeld is out, apparently). Walden goes back to the Wired album (mid 70's).

You need to check Jeff Beck out. If you're a guitar player, it's a religious pilgrimage. My wife can't wait to go and she's not a musician. To watch the man do what he does with a guitar is truly astonishing. He recently won a Grammy for his version of A Day in the Life (which will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up). The man is an original guitar LEGEND.

Check out his live DVD at Ronnie Scott's if you get a chance. I promise you it will knock your socks off. A crowd shot turns up Robert Plant and later on, Jimmy Page.

www.jeffbeck.com (no, really?)

Back in the 60's, the Jeff Beck Group toured America for the first time. The singer was so shy he started out singing behind the curtain and didn't want to come out. You might know him better as Rod Stewart.

[I'm not related or employed, nor do I receive any financial benefit - I'm just spreading the good word. Since music bites the big one these days, we have to find it where we can.]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
At the risk of replying to my own thread, it was apparently so successful that when I went to order tickets, it was sold out.

I am NOT a happy Jeff Beck fan.
I wanted to get him to sign my main guitar...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Jeff Beck...and Eric Clapton...Together???

We're not worthy

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nick_napalm

We're not worthy

If it makes you feel any better, Jeff's been wiping the stage with Eric for years

I'm trying to decide whether or not to be upset that they're my parents' contemporaries.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by leftystrat

Originally posted by nick_napalm

We're not worthy

If it makes you feel any better, Jeff's been wiping the stage with Eric for years

I'm trying to decide whether or not to be upset that they're my parents' contemporaries.

Yes indeed, Beck on stage with "Slowhand" is a "must see"...
And now as it is Valentine's, what could be better than one of the most romantic love songs ever written and performed ?

The fact that the song was dedicated to a good friends wife...Well, what to say but, "you don't choose love. Love chooses you"

Happy Valentine's

[edit on 14-2-2010 by flymetothemoon]

new topics

top topics

join