It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albright proud of Kosovo ethnic cleansing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
macedoniaonline.eu...

In the spring of 1999, NATO conducted attacks against Serbia for 78 days over the conflict in Kosovo.
Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright thinks that her greatest achievement in her term was “conducting the ethnic cleansing in Kosovo.”

“If you wish to know what I think is the most important thing I accomplished as U.S. secretary of state, I think it is conducting of the ethnic cleansing in Kosovo,” Albright said, answering to a student’s question at the Russian State Institute for Foreign Relations.

Ooops! After couple of reactions from the audience, Albright quickly corrected her statement stating her achievement was 'stopping' the ethnic cleansing in Kosovo.

“We wanted to solve the situation by diplomatic means and under UN patronage, we reviewed the issue with the Russian colleagues. Eventually, we turned to NATO, carried out a successful operation and the people in Kosovo are living freely now,” Albright was quoted as saying.

It continues on. But this seems pretty sick if you ask me. How can a secretary of state openly state that she supported Kosovo ethnic cleansing. Of course she back tracked on her statements, but just like every politician that says, "That's not what I meant". Of course not, but you said it like that.

new topics

join