It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

only 63 percent really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
abc world news says only 63 percent of the money donated do haiti has been used on the haitians(excuse spelling) and 7 major charities claim they cant say where the money has gone

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

which is why i flat out refuse to donate anything to out of country charities... and even I am cautious with local charities...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

Which is why I created this thread about the charity clamoring for your money.

Send me your money.

Charities are like bureaucracies. They take an entity to manage the funds that are donated.

Now the big question is, how do we REALLY know how much money was donated? REALLY know.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Under US federal law, charities are given a considerable amount of flexibility in what they are allowed to do before they jeopardize their tax-free status. Many big charities do things like: hire highly paid employees who are often related to the charities' leaders, engage in business ventures like real estate development, and even get involved in politics.

When you donate money to a big-name charity, you should not assume that the lion's share of the money is going towards items like food and medicine for the poor. Much of that money goes towards paying "administrators," "managers," and "executives" who must get paid a "reasonable" compensation.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I agree.

I mean charities not being able to account for money, or not using 100% of it on the cause is pretty typical i'd think.

either way, you gotta help haiti. if only 63% of yer dollars are goin to the people so be it. Doesn't make sense to give them 0% because they aren't getting the full 100.

top topics

join