It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merseyside police drone tracks car theft suspects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Merseyside police drone tracks car theft suspects

news.bbc.co.uk

Police on Merseyside have made their first arrest using thermal imaging cameras on the force's drone.

The technology on board the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) tracked one of two men suspected of stealing a car in the Bootle area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.timesonline.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Is it my imagination or is this another part of the Prophecy of George Orwell unraveling?

The police using unmanned aircraft to basicaly spy on people, I know of army drones used in war zones to run recons & attack terror camps etc, but this tech is being used on US, at HOME in the UK.

I can't see legit British gun owners taking too kindly to this thing zapping about around their farms & hunting grounds. I can see a few getting shot down.

Not only are these things a damn scary invasion of our privacy, they'll terrify farmer's livestock, and with the lambing season about to begin, thats not a nice thought.

Just imagine what they could do with these things. Local UK councils will no doubt use them to check on people building stuff (planning permission) etc, and those whith homes that have addons, so they can bang their council taxes up.

If I see one over my garden within a stones throw, I'll give it my best.

Two of the other source links give a bit of history on this idea, and the sorts of things they could be used for.
The more I read, the more I beleive Orwell actualy had a vision, and wasn't just a damn good writer.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-2-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You have to ask where this will all end? Things like surveillance and security only increase and become more prevalent in society, rarely do these things see a reverse.

Police using drones to spy on people is pretty much what happens in 1984.
These things will be fitted with infra red, heat seeking, capable of looking into your homes.
Who needs a bobby on the beat, if its cheeper to hover a drone over every housing estate in the land.

You'll here the usual tag lines promoted to the public that it helps beat terrorism and " if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" "if it saves just one childs life...."

What has happened to our society, why all the need for extra security. It's all gone terribly wrong

[edit on 12-2-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I'm sure 'anti terror' will be used to push these things on us, get us to accept them as the norm. When the real truth is, this IS terror! Terrorism is designed to cause mass fear in a nation right? Well what will this do??? This will cause panic & fear, either from people like myself who are not sheeple and know TPTB are really not on our side, or those who beleive terror attacks are going to happen because of the 'need' for these drones etc.

It is a criminal offense in the UK to cause a purposeful destraction to drivers, the police remove no end of roadside stuff because of this. However can you imagine driving up the M1 & catching one of these things in your wing mirror? That 'OMFG what in the name of god is that' moment is all it takes to kill 20 people.

Also I read something somewhere saying that model aircraft must be flown AWAY from roads & populated areas for safety reasons, so what happens when one of these things malfunctions & drops out of the air over a large crowd of people or a busy motorway?

The consequences of such an event don't bear thinking about. Helicopters are one thing, they cannot fly low over residential areas without being noticed, big time, but one of these things could be hovering over my house as I type this, maybe it can see/detect through walls & roofs?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Are these drones UAVs even legal to be in populated areas, I know the UK military can only use their phoenix target acquisition drones on Salisbury plains, the only other system i have seen is the BN islander set up with infrared and thermal zeiss cameras..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
Are these drones UAVs even legal to be in populated areas, I know the UK military can only use their phoenix target acquisition drones on Salisbury plains, the only other system i have seen is the BN islander set up with infrared and thermal zeiss cameras..

Well, going on what I know about model aircraft, I have my reservations.

This is a document from the CAA (civil aviation authority) which gives some info on the laws on flying model aircraft: www.caa.co.uk...

Its a PDF so you'll need adobe reader & the adobe reader browser plugin to view it.

(from PDF link)
Any Model Aircraft Flying
First
Choose an unobstructed site and at all times keep a safe distance from:
• PERSONS
• VESSELS
• VEHICLES
• STRUCTURES

Which these 'drones' are not if they are being used to chase people, they'll be flying close to pretty much ALL those things. If one caused damage to my house, the local police can be expecing a very big bill, and my angry scary boyfriend

But come on, if one of them came through a glass structure, imagine the carnage that would cause? We really must NOT accept these things.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

Chapter 5 states,
First
Choose an unobstructed site and at all times keep a safe distance from:
• PERSONS
• VESSELS
• VEHICLES
• STRUCTURES...

And i was also lead to believe that they have to have an inboard recovery system IE a drogue and main parachute ?..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yes, thats correct I think. Lol I just posted that bit into my other post

I doubt these drones will have these requirements though. It is well worth trying to find out I think.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I also found this article: www.timesonline.co.uk...

(from link)
UK police are planning to use unmanned spy planes for surveillance, with motorists and protesters as possible targets.

Hello, motorists & protesters are persons & vehicles! This HAS to be illegal, even by our law!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

International standards organisation compliant. Me thinks not..
Crown immunity, More than likely, I used to be an old locator (midge system) wonder if i can suby any work LOL..

And my credentials..

[img]http://[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a4f529ce2d9.jpg[/img]

And other Thread ATS, on "A curious nazi occult tale" OP by SOXMIS..
Quick plug Apolz

[edit on 12-2-2010 by foxhoundone]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Also mentioned in that link is this:

Andrew Mellors, Head of Civil Autonomous Systems at BAE Systems, said: “From 2012 fully autonomous unmanned air systems could be routinely used by border agencies, the police and other government bodies.”

I don't doubt these 'other government bodies' are local council jobsworths using these things to spy on people for school catchment areas, dog fouling, fly tipping, car parking, tax evasion, 'bin crimes', graffiti & more.

Also why is 2012 cropping up in relation to these subjects, I've not really beleived the hype in 2012, but the more I read, the more I can see things....

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Within 10 years , ALL cars and ALL humans in UK shall be made to carry a microchip .

We are in 1984 but everyone is still a sleep , unfortunately .

Still , I do not lose hope for humanity .

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
How long before these things can detect thoughts? How long before they know what we're cooking, what we're wearing, what we're....

The very thought is terror, Bin Laden is one thing, the prophecy of 1984 is another.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Your not far wrong in your thinking Chez, the military (UK) used target acquisition systems for nearly a decade now, Not that big a leap for it to used by TPTB to subjugate the civilian populace. And then see the local skynet re-bros (rebroadcasting stations) pop up every where..

Wait a minute they already have except their called Mobile phone masts !!!
Chez you might be on to something here

[edit on 12-2-2010 by foxhoundone]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Look at simple webcam tech, that basicaly means a person from a remote location can enter your home remotely, and can see your home/hear stuff from it etc remotely. For a vision of the future, Orwell was too perfect.

See here for info on telescreens: en.wikipedia.org...

Webcam isn't so much fun now is it....

Imagine, webcam tech used for mass surveillance.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Resistance is , well , futile indeed .

As a humanity , if we all to make the LEAP into our next collective evolutionary step , we must find a way to trust one another .

Reading each others intentions via our mobile phones , is actually been here for sometime .

A simple faraday cage coupled with a portable EMP array would bring all this intrusive technology to it's knees but it would also alert those that you and your knowledge of how to oppose them exists without sanction .

Unless if we get of this planet , the future of humanity will be resembling the Borg society .

Living in hive like society and ruled by a Queen .

% 99.99 of us needs to be dumbed down so the NWO can succeed .

Worry not users , we all gonna augment our bodies and brains with technology in oncoming years .

Subsequently , we will gain different abilities & skills which will come with digital-nano-bio implants , therapies and solutions .

Imagine being able to communicate with your thoughts alone .

Imagine being able to regenerate , augment your own body like the salamander does .

Anyhow , somebody needs to watch the crowd and somebody else needs to watch the crowd watchers , that is the name of the problem as far as I can see .

We do not yet have any socio-economic structures in place to deal with these problems .

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Storage of data collected can be kept up to 5 years from what i am lead to believe, Imagine after 4 years you are approached by a police constable and he replays an incident to you that happened 4yrs ago?? and accuses you of aiding and abetting because you did not notice there was a crime being committed and did not realize it was happening !!.. Off to the holding camp (FEMA) camp for you my friend, "You do not have the right to silence you don't have the right to a solicitor"..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
How long until they can handcuff you? taze you, cs gas you and then.........
ED 209, steps in i guess

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by slylee

I suppose the UAV used by the merseyside police is the first generation prototype and when you look at the military upgrades available then how long before they start attaching upgrades such as tracking devices fired from the UAV platform attaching to you from the UAV.
And you carry the little device into your residence and thinking its safe and start blabbing ??..

top topics

join