It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Evils of this World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here are the real evils of this world:

- The Car
- The Television (and then satellite television)
- The internet

Why are these so evil?

Because they isolate us, they stop me and you talking to our neighbour, who will have some of our values and have different values. By talking to each other we learn tolerance, and it also allows us checks and balances.

I have read a number of ATS sites now, where religious discussion gets out of hand. People believe what they want to believe and actively go to specific parts of the internet to back up their beliefs. The next step - the leap - to suggest something wrong because someone has wronged them in the first place - two rights do not make a wrong

Can the various religions of the world live together in harmony? That's easy - yes because they have had to in many cities for hundreds of years- its a proven fact. Now it is getting harder as it is easier for people to isolate themselves from their community.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think the television is the real evil here. It allures people with it's glamor then the controllers implant false thoughts and promise in people's heads.

A man once said that to rule the people you must possess two things:
1) Media
2)Money

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't think any of these thing are the real evil so long as they are capable of the effects you ascribe to them. Much like gun control nuts, you're blaming the guns and the manufacturers, not the operators.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The real evil is indoctrination.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The evils posted until now are generally petty and really don't mean much. Here are some real evils.

- Slavery
- Child rape
- Incest
- Extreme child abuse
- Genocide

The day indoctrination and the TV can compete with these will be the day the last human draws breath on this Earth, so please call evil by it's true name and don't label it to silly or petty things.

There is real horror in the world, and the evils contemplated by comfortable people generally is laughable.

Peace
KJ

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
The evils posted until now are generally petty and really don't mean much. Here are some real evils.

There is real horror in the world, and the evils contemplated by comfortable people generally is laughable.

*star*

That was a much more convincing list of thing thats acutally count as tyranny. The "petty" stuff is basically a choice.

I suspect a good number on this site are quite comfortable despite their incessant calls to action and cries of oppression. One accurate remark someone made here (I cannot recall who) was that excess comfort breeds extremism.

[edit on 2/10/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
*star*

That was a much more convincing list of thing thats acutally count as tyranny. The "petty" stuff is basically a choice.

I appreciate the support, thank you. Agreed, while many "civilized" people would disagree, I find nothing odd or bad about living with extended family and/or friends. Sharing a car, house, food, expenses. Not having a tv and reading books together or playing games.

These are choices we make as Westerners and if we didn't want to do it, we really don't have to. I don't see a stampede to trade those flat screens in for Parcheesi though.

I suspect a good number on this site are quite comfortable despite their incessant calls to action and cries of oppression.

Agreed. I am currently reasonable comfortable, by western terms, but I have seen much of the world and have been in some nasty places.

Spending some time around some real human decay does a body and mind good, especially for a little bit of perspective.

One accurate remark someone made here (I cannot recall who) was that excess comfort breeds extremism.

Perhaps, but if I could fine tune it a bit, I'd say something more along the lines of "Comfort breeds three things: Lazy thinking, serious attention and angst against petty things, and extreme negative reaction to anything that might curtail that which provides said comfort."

Perhaps that is why so many simply refuse to believe the economy could collapse and strongly oppose any change to the status quo.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Yes, it could get quite a bit worse; it could collapse. I'm grateful for what I have and that I'm not right now freezing and begging on the street like many I have seen, and in some cases helped a little bit with what I could, around my general area. They're obviously new to that lifestyle. I doubt they much care whether or not the TV, the car or the internet oppress them.

Without getting too deep and OT, I support a change in the status quo. Really though, a change in the status quo of awareness and compassion. I know it could lead at least temporarily to alot of discomfort for myself and worse, for good people who deserve a good life. But trying to change the system with the same people in it won't actually change anything. So, no, you cannot say those petty things are the evil. The evil is in the people. The things comfort breeds are simply the laws of balance coming into play to effect a lesson. I wish the lessons could be learned without the severity and I hope they are.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Can the various religions of the world live together in harmony? That's easy - yes because they have had to in many cities for hundreds of years- its a proven fact
reply to post by templar knight

Not to be disparaging, but I don't think this is true.

Case in point....England, circa 1600.....all that mess with the Protestant Reformation.....they weren't exactly living in harmony.

Same for Spanish Inquisition, Sharia Law, and countless other examples.

You have an interesting premise, and I agree that isolation does cause change in perception between people.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I'm kinda thinking people just can't get along......

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thinking on a larger scale, I believe Evil is anything that impedes spiritualization of matter, i.e. evolution under the Plan of our Logos. This would include all atrocities listed, as well as diversions of materiality. Many of the woes manifested by Humanity are a result of Glamour, in the esoteric sense which is rooted in desire and is actually a form of illusion of the feeling body. Part of Buddhas mission was to help dissipate Glamour through detachment and bringing in light of the higher mind to dispell the mists of desire. Of course there's Karma, which may account for the pendulum of despair that ripples through time until balanced. And there's spiritual law called The Law of Evil Sharing, as decribed by the Master Dwal Khul through the Alice Baily books, which in essence describes how, since humanity is one, and we souls have reincarnated counless times, our own destinies cannot be divorced with those of the group. We are all in some way responsible for contributing to the evil of the planet, and share in the responsibility for it's healing and salvation.
One source cited: www.esoteric-philosophy.net...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Evil is...

Human intinct survive, at an cost by any means possible.
As it makes us be placed on top for the best food and drink. Women and savety.

These needs are like drugs. The more we get, the more we need.
These actions result to poverty. and the dream of money to be worth almost anything disregarding life.

As TV and radio do doctrine our minds. values, what we eat,
Turn of you tv for 6 months. Don't worry. You won't miss out anything.
Maybe an ocassioal coupon at best.
News is in the paper and on internet.Time spend watching tv is now used reading a book, visit a friend, obtain a hobby.

Lowers agitation makes you thinking more of your own instead of presented solutions on invented problems to make money.

A world without wil be differnt and better for some.

The illusion it creates of faillure for missing out on wealth and luxury makes people feel bad.

Also incest, child abuse and others like mentioned before.
slavery etc.
Are all the same.
To make money. or power.

My believe is evil like time and good is realative

We weterners are idiots complaining on our privileged life and luxeary.
We are guilty our selfes Media is just making use of our foulishnes.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Evil is...

Human instinct survive, at an cost by any means possible.
As it makes us be placed on top for the best food and drink. Women and safety.

This is not always a bad thing. This is neutral.

These needs are like drugs. The more we get, the more we need. These actions result to poverty. and the dream of money to be worth almost anything disregarding life.

This makes no sense. To boil it down, you are saying the fact that we need creates poverty. Or are you saying that excess causes poverty, because either way it is a hotly debated topic in the economics world.

My believe is evil like time and good is relative

This isn't always true. Child rape is always wrong. Slavery is always wrong. Sometimes you have to grow a pair.

As a side note, I have a small tip for you. Before you post your points, look over it. This forum nicely has spell check and underlines your spelling errors in red.

Not trying to be ugly, just helpful

Peace
KJ

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

his is not always a bad thing. This is neutral.
reply to post by KrazyJethro

I pointing to excessive lack of boundary.
Like power corrupts. unlimited power corrupts unlimited.
Only corruptible people will cause problems in their need to more power.
This is why only a small number of people control so many.

This makes no sense. To boil it down, you are saying the fact that we need creates poverty. Or are you saying that excess causes poverty, because either way it is a hotly debated topic in the economics world.

Everybody needs.But only the addicts create the need for need.

This isn't always true. Child rape is always wrong. Slavery is always wrong. Sometimes you have to grow a pair.

You're totally right.
What I meant was, the evil you named only is hurting one. The evil I name hurts entire nations even continents.
This is why only a small percentage of people is using all the earths resources and polluting the environment. Leaving the majority just able to survive.

Your advice is noted but ignored. I always use it, I guess I forgot.
I'm sleepy could be reason.

Thank you for your thoughts. Yours were the ones making the most sense thinking about mine.

I agreed with you're opinion. I only tried to raise to a bigger picture.
I'm interested what you think on it. As they aply more to topic for evil tv. etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Television for sure. Soap operas, sports, game shows, dancing with the stars. whatever keeps you glued to that box. Don't live your life, sit on the couch and watch somebody else do something.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Thank you for your thoughts. Yours were the ones making the most sense thinking about mine.

I agreed with you're opinion. I only tried to raise to a bigger picture.
I'm interested what you think on it. As they aply more to topic for evil tv. etc.

You're welcome. Rather than go point for point I'll respond as such:

I'd be happy to respond to your points, but you must be sleepy (understandable) because I don't really get your original post.

Can you redefine what you would like a comment on? I'll give it good thought and respond.

Thanks
KJ

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Honestly, I agree. It is becoming clearer and clearer that we are living in a world full of isolated individuals. I mean, people don't even know how to talk to anyone. The internet is good for information buffs, but it is oftenly abused.

top topics

join