It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Didn't Take Long :: CA Health Insurer Cashing-In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Right on cue Anthem Blue Cross, the major health insurer in CA, has notified its subscribers of a 39% increase in premiums effective March 1st.

Article

With all of the money the insurers were pouring into lobbyists to fight health care reform you just KNEW theye were going to get that back from the 'little guys'. Now that they're convinced reform is dead it's back to business-as-usual. Who couldn't see this coming?

Oh, it might be worthwhile to point out that the company reported almost $3B (billion) profit for JUST the 4th quarter last year. Did anyone happen to watch 'House' last night?

"You can villify me in the press for being rich all you want. Just as long as I stay rich."
-CEO of Ficticious Insurance Company

Let the games begin.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Reform IS sorely needed here but the "Obamacare" bill was not and is not the answer for sure! It did notjing to get rid of insurance co's and in fact would have forced 39 million new customers into their waiting arms! That's probably why they are raising rates, they are mad it hasn't passed! It can be noted that the bill was good for them in that with each hurdle the bill passed in congress, the stock value of all the major insurance companies went up every single time! What does that tell you about the bill? Let's reform right not reform just because!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I worked in the health care industry in TN. We had something called Tenncare, which was basically medicare for the indigent.

It went broke quickly, because people abused the system. From what I read of Obama's health care reform, he basically wanted to similar plan. It didn't work in TN, I don't think it woudl work nationwide.

Having said that, I agree reform is needed. Insurance companies are out of control and its the taxpayer who ends up being hurt.

join