It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Islamists Offer Insight or Threat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Perhaps its pessimistic to say, but I truly don't believe there will ever be world-wide peace.

Unless, of course, our world can unite against one common foe...like in the movie Independence Day. Granted, that's a little tongue-in-cheek, but it is true; sharing enemies does make allies.

Perhaps that should be the true cause of an Alien agenda?

Or mayhap I just need a nap.....its been a long day.

Or you could say that a world wide disaster would bring us all together. Maybe a thing called PlanetX or Nibiru scenario needs to happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm not clever, or well studied enough to even dare suggest where the solutions lie for this constant clash of wills and culture... however

There is one ethic, above all others, that I try to live by, and it is a very simple one. 'Live and let live'

If all races, religions governments and people adopted that maxim I believe that many of the perceived threats would simply vanish.

If people just allowed others to live their lives as they wish, without trying to impose the lifestyle, mores, religion, and will on others, much of the strife humanity wallows in would simply vanish.

Paradoxically... Do I see Islam as a threat?.... In a way I do, and for the same reasons I see all organised religion as a possible threat. The threat I see is that of imposing a religious and cultural viewpoint on others... and that brings me right back to the 'Live and let live'

No one has the right to impose their will, mores, lifestyle, or religion on another.... As long as what you are doing does not hurt another, you should be left alone to get on with it.

I suspect that a good chunk of Islam (as well as Christianity, Judaism, etc) has a real problem with that simple concept... hence I do see it (and them) as a threat both to me and my life directly, and to the future of humanity as a whole.

Good thread PT

<< 1   >>

join