It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo Tall Tales: Corso, Stone, Uhouse, etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The last ten years or so there is a tendency for ex-military men like Col. Philip Corso, Sgt. Clifford Stone, Captain Bill Uhouse to come up with some pretty tall tales. Established ufo experts like Richard Hall, Kevin Randle and Stanton Friedman have called them phoney. Lots of assertions but no concrete evidence.

Clifford Stone and his "57 different types of aliens" classified... For Pete's sake... or is he a deliberate "disinformation agent" (read up on this stuff long enough and you started getting infected with paranoia...)?

Paola Harris, who interviewed Corso and Stone in a book of hers, said they were such very nice men. The best con men are usually very likeable...

I wonder what prompts such men to come up with such stories?

And even extremer stories like those from Dan Burisch.

I believe this present a hurdle to ufos being taken seriously. Having some of these guys on Greer's disclosure project IMHO also will not help us to get any congressional hearing on ufos.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gzhpcu
Paola Harris, who interviewed Corso and Stone in a book of hers, said they were such very nice men. The best con men are usually very likeable...

I wonder what prompts such men to come up with such stories?

I believe this present a hurdle to ufos being taken seriously. Having some of these guys on Greer's disclosure project IMHO also will not help us to get any congressional hearing on ufos.

I have always wondered why... if Corso made things up, why would he want to blemish his fairly impressive past service record? It does not add up. Maybe he was having one last laugh on all of us? Or maybe he was telling the truth?

I agree that Dr. Greer needs to scrutinize his "witnesses" much more. Greer tends to over-exagerate what info he has found. His "briefing" of former CIA director James Woolsey comes to mind.
His heart is definitely in the right place, he just seems to want to have things be true so bad that he can't really seem to look at the subject objectively.

You also left out Bob Lazar. Next to Corso, he is probably the most interesting UFO personality.

I think some them are con-men, some are delusional and some are just using the stories as a defense against a boring life.

Then again, some could be telling the truth.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gzhpcu
The last ten years or so there is a tendency for ex-military men like Col. Philip Corso, Sgt. Clifford Stone, Captain Bill Uhouse

Lets not forget Dan Sherman who wrote Above Black..Maybe the running gag in the US military is this, "Man I can't wait to get out and write a ufo book to really make some cash!"

Or perhaps we should applaude those brave men for their courage to come forward?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
I have always wondered why... if Corso made things up, why would he want to blemish his fairly impressive past service record? It does not add up. Maybe he was having one last laugh on all of us? Or maybe he was telling the truth?

Or he made up his service record.

www.csicop.org...

Corso claims [p. 1] that "for two incredible years...[he was] heading up the Foreign Technology desk." This claim is challenged by Corso's military record which shows that he served only one year in the Foreign Technology div. (July 20, 1961 until July 18, 1962) and headed that operation only for the last three months before being transferred to another assignment. Corso retired less than a year later, on Mar. 1, 1963, with the rank of Lt. Colonel--a rank he had held for approximately 10 years.

(the rest of that article makes VERY fascinating reading.)

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Byrd]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
ever see this story?
Lee Shargel

Many of us who read the stories of these men would like to believe, but are irritated at the lack of proof provided and then come to the conclusion that they are fakes. Some of us then still have the "what if it really is true" doubt (IMHO nothing is really 100% certain...) and it is just that slight doubt which keeps the stories alive and sells books... and makes money for a lot of con artists.

top topics

join