It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Concealed Carry Protocol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I stumbled across a video on YouTube called the Concealed Carry Protocol by a man that goes by Nutnfancy.

This video goes in depth into what it means to be a CCW holder. This video touches on the more hard hitting aspects of taking the step to carry a concealed weapon and the responsibility and ramifications of such actions in certain situations.

Unlike a lot of gun control videos or information this video breaks down almost every aspect of what it means to carry a concealed weapons and poses some tough questions for anyone who is thinking about getting a CC permit.

I do not personally own any firearms but I more than support peoples rights to own guns and carry if they have a permit.

Give the video a watch even if you are for gun control it may give you some insight into the reasons people carry a concealed weapon and why there are more than enough positive aspects to carrying.

The video is about 45 min long so I suggest letting it download for a few mins so it runs smoothly throughout.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Glad you found that vid enlightening. Nutnfancy is a bit of a folk hero amongst a portion of the concealed carry community. Search his youtubes, he does tons of reviews of different guns, gear and such. Very informative, as he always tells it like it is. Real nice guy.

Hopefully he opens a few minds and more people start to carry. It is, in my opinion, very nearly an obligation to carry a firearm and be ready to use it to defend the lives of ourselves and those we love against those that would do us grave harm.

Remember, 100% of home invasions, happen at home.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

s&f for being brave enough to mention *gasp*, guns!

edit to add: Happy Almost-Your-One-Year Anniversary on ATS!

[edit on 5-2-2010 by tjack]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have watched this video already, on my free time.

Nutnfancy does a lot of great videos. And as said above, he tells it like it is, and much of ATS should respect that.

You never really think about what firearms can do as far as damage is concerned. You might take someone's life one day if you carry concealed. And Nutn is right, that's something you should think about before hand rather than after.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This guy is so very "right on" where personal responsibility concerning firearms are concerned. I really wish that the NRA did a lot more to awaken the public to the very basic realities of guns. I think that it is an unfortunate truth that most of our gun owners treat their weapons as little more than another toy that they can play with sans repercussions of any kind. I have always been a very responsible gun user and have appreciated from the very beginning that guns are a tool of destruction that cannot be taken back once they are engaged. They do nothing more than destroy, and so, they need to be applied with care, discertion and precision. To do less than this is to invite catastrophe.

A real good example of our society's cavalier attitude towards firearms occured many years ago when i was enduring basic training in the Army. This was a big day for our platoon because we were finally issued our M16's. We were all busy inspecting our weapons while the Drill Sergeant was barking out the specs on the rifle. By chance I looked around me and spied one of my fellow armymates drawing a bead on me. I immediately dropped my weapon and charged him. I grabbed the end of his barrel, pulled it forward and then shoved his gun butt back into his face with all of the force I could muster!

I bloodied his nose with that action, but I wasn't done. I loudly declared that if he was going to point his weapon at me he had better be prepared to kill me and then I proceeded to lecture him that we were not involved in some kind of game, that this was life or death and that he should never point his weapon at anything that he had no intention to destroy. In a few moments our Drill Sergeant was at my back to reinfore all that I had said.

Guns are not toys. They are lethal and destructive tools that can be used to defend us or provide food for us. Beyond that they have no practical use. And yet, to this day, the vast majority of our citizens somehow fail to grasp the devastting consequences of effectively utilizing a firearm. I read an article a while back that claimed that the most common wound that was being treated in NYC hospital emergency rooms was a self-inflicted wound in the butt by would-be gangstahs shoving their 9mm's into the seat of their pants. How dumb can you get? Our country is in serious need of some basic education where guns are concerned.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies it is nice to know that there are level headed people out there that can take a critical look at the pros and cons of owning and carrying a gun.

@Godless:

That was a very nice post and I could not agree with you more. The problem is that people are not educated about guns so they immediately write them off as nasty weapons that can do nothing but do bad things.

All it takes is a little education about the use of firearms and things would be much different in this country.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Nutnfancy rocks! One of the best things to ever hit youtube. I am a ccph but I'd never seen this video, fantastic. I have bought guns on his recommendation before when I was hung up between 2 choices. He knows not only his firearms but understands the theory of concealed carry. His common sense is hard to beat. I highly recommend any of his videos, all are informative and entertaining.
This particular video covers subjects and conditions NOT covered in classes I have taken and I'm always grateful for good information and good questions. There is always more to learn. Nutnfancy, real american hero. Thanks !

top topics

join