It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient tribe becomes extinct as last member dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Ancient tribe becomes extinct as last member dies

www.cnn.com

The last member of an ancient tribe that has inhabited an Indian island chain for around 65,000 years has died, a group that campaigns for the protection of indigenous peoples has said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i never knew that this tribe existed before i read this story, but it is definitely sad indeed, when humans start going extinct, the tribe was 65,000 years old, humans, their desire to expand, to grow, to have even pushed their own kind to extinction, its a sad tale, wee need to work hard to be careful what we do, every decision we make has an adverse affect on something, and also with her passing a language has become extinct as well, across the whole world there are other tribes close to extinction, lets hope, their way of life can be protected.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/5/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

They didnt really seem to care while they were busy downing alcohol, so why should anyone else?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
well obviously neither does half the world, because i bet if a pool was taken about 50% of the world would have alcoholism

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

No reason to worry about this, or worry about "saving" a language.

Humans are animals, and as such, we are prone to extinction.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's okay, you never know who will get the last laugh- technology and future generations cannot hide from the ghosts of the indigenous past.

If their way of life is worth the salt, that only they and mother Earth will know, then the effects will pay off if reincarnation be real.

top topics

join