It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junior High Student Arrested For Doodling

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yeah the SRO didn't need to arrest her, but its the SCHOOL and the CITY that wrote up policy to arrest for such things...so we need to get them to change their policy.

Bottom line...this girl..IMO...would have found out that come the end of school...she's got an extra hour or two added on before she goes home. Why, well a bottle of cleaner and some rags = cleaning EVERY desk in class or maybe 2 classrooms for the week....lessoned learned. If not...then bill mom and dad for a new desk and let the PARENTS end the doodle problem....

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

School Resource Officers should be utilized only when necessary and not in this manner, IMO.

This is an instance in which the teacher/student could have resolved this. The student could have just been told to clean the desks and/or assigned detention. Personally, I probably would have had her clean her desk and than write a 1 page paper on why she shouldn't do it again.

ETA:
I agree with (above) Policy should be reviewed.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I’m starting to think my cousin is right by home schooling his kids.
First I read about ATS thread 9 year old busted for 2 Inch toy gun
And now this, it’s ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
I’m starting to think my cousin is right by home schooling his kids.
First I read about ATS thread 9 year old busted for 2 Inch toy gun
And now this, it’s ridiculous.

Yeah, this reminded me right away about the boy who took the teeny tiny toy plastic gun to school,
the lack of any common sense by these schools and administrators/teachers is difficult to understand...
Imagine that teachers and administrators in schools today are not exercising critical thinking or common sense when it comes to stuff like this..
I think a good way to help with this problem is writing letters to a lot of officials in New York, senators, congress, school superintendents, etc, would be a great place to start.. sending email and letters complaining about this stupidity could help get the "right" people to take action against this police state mentality..
Been seriously thinking about home schooling my daughter also, but she is only 2 right now

Thanks for posting

[edit on 5-2-2010 by antideceit]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

What an absurd action by the fascists in the school system

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

this might seem a bit off to the side of topic but i promise ill bring it back around to a point...

i went to highschool in the late eighties and had one particular teacher who scolded and wranted about not writing or carving into our desks,she checked them after every class. she was notorious for sending kids to ISS or detentions.
however she always seemed to take a shine to me and i decided i would push my luck...one day the entire class i spent writing lyrics on the desks to my favorite Jethro Tull songs in pencil. i got up left the class and came back the next day waiting to be scolded, when i walked in she smiled at me and didnt say a word, when i got to my desk the lyrics were still there.. now either she was a huge JT fan or she really took a liking to me(not in a couger way,settle down).

bringing you to the point now

At that moment i realised the power teachers and proffesors actually possess and how gently or harshly they wield that power is distinctly related to the relationship between the authorative figure and the student on an individual basis.

so in my opinion this teacher probably for some reason
had a personal dislike or anomosity towards this child and chose to weild his/her power as heavily as possible..

either way its scary

~Meathead

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join