It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 5 Million Homes Will be Worth Less than 75% of Their Mortgage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

THE GUY HAS 4 KIDS?????????????????????????? You know how many kids my wife and I have? ZERO A BIG FAT GOOSE EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm 30 and she is 33 and we are just now trying to have our first. And you know why? Because we wanted to be financially secure. And we also have saved and slaved away to save enough for us to be out of work for over a year if need be if we both were to lose our jobs. And you know what else? Both of us exercise at least 3 x a week and eat as healthy as we can. In other words we are RESPONSIBLE AMERICANS. And if by some chance we fell on hard times or become homeless? We'd move in with family. That's what family is all about. And if my family became homeless they would come live with us. The problem with Americans is they turn to everyone else for help instead of helping each other and taking care of their own crap.

It's like dogs at a kennel....................my neighbor some 40 year old whack job single lady is constantly rescuing dogs at the kennel because she has no man in her life and it occupies her time. So she's got 7 dogs she can hardly take care of. And she's constantly asking us to take in more dogs so they don't get euthanized. Meanwhile my wife and I have TWO DOGS! And we've raised them since puppies and we've provided for them. And if we became homeless and lost our jobs it would still be our responsibility to take care of them and provide for them. People don't dump off their kids at the local shelter they shouldn't dump off their dog for other people to have to take care of.

My point is PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES AND THEIR S@#$T!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and to add insult to injury I have 1 year of freeze dried food in my garage for my wife and I so we don't have to rely on ANYONE if SHTF..........that is what America used to be about. SELF RELIANCE........for everything your food, your job, your security etc. Now even when it comes to jobs and money we all have our hand in the next guy's pocket.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Wow. I'm really surprised that the country is not in fantastic shape with you living in it. I'm sure your perfection must be rubbing off on somebody.

A piece of advice. Cool it on the negativity. Karma is a real deal and you'll get your dose of joy at some point.

Also, get off of your high horse.

Finally good luck with the kids. I hope you have triplets

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You should write a book to help the rest of the 305,000,000 Americans that just are not as effective in there execution of life skills.
I am sure it would be a best seller. Please help us.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

See and that's typical..........I'm not on a high horse and I'm far from perfect. All I'm saying is at a young age I was taught to rely on NO ONE but myself. And this has been applied to every aspect of my life. It's a quality that Americans use to embrace............it was a cornerstone of America ideals............liberty and justic for all. You sound like you are from the UK? Maybe you all have a different mindset over there living on an island. But this is also one reason why over here in America we used to be a country of farmers and agriculture used to be the fuel for American independence. But farming has been destroyed and take a simple thing like food...........we are all dependent on someone else for providing one of the most basic necessities of life.

I feel terrible for your friend and if he was my friend I would open up my house and my fridge to him and his family. I wish in America more of us would help each other out in that regards. Because lord knows there is PLENTY to go around here for everyone. But I've sat back for too long in the USA and watched my fellow Americans live irresponsibly, gluttonously, and materialistically.......all the while chiding those who didn't conform.......those who saved...........those who were humble and modest. And you have to remember I'm living in Southern California right now...........the amount of decadence, wealth and greed out here has made me very cynical and bitter. In the end we as Americans collectively like say.........it's karma..........we deserve everything that is happening to us. Even someone like me. Because I allowed my fellow Americans to live like they have. Just like I'm responsible for my government's actions because maybe I didn't do enough to persuade my fellow Americans to vote differently etc.

In the end EACH and EVERY one of us are responsible for the direction humanity is headed.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

First, I used to live in LA and know that element of what you're talking about. My advice to you, especially since you have a highly mobile profession is move. You'll find a real America out there. A better lifestyle, real people, more nature (other than the beach) and a cheaper place to live. I would recommend Washington or Oregon.

Second, I grew up in NJ and other than some job related periods have lived in the US my entire life.

Third, I worked from age 12 to 46. I retired at 46 and now spend most of my time working for charities.

I see these folks every day. Some may not be a smart or as well put together as you. Some definately made bad choices for the right reasons. All of them are at a loss as to their next step.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I grew up in the midwest. And my wife is from Alaska and Oregon. Trust me we are contemplating moving. But as an RN this is one of the best states to work in. The pay is good and the nursing ratios are the best. By law it's 4:1. Oregon is a beautiful state and we are thinking of moving there. Maybe I'm so bitter because I'm ashamed to know that in this great country there is such a divide among the haves and the have nots and in CA its much more evident than any other place I've ever lived. There is so much wealth out here (orange county) it blows my mind. And yes there aer some people out here living beyond their means but most of it is legitimate wealth. I mean seriously...........it shameful knowing just how wealthy our country is and knowing how so many people are struggling. That's why when I see all these upper middle class snobs with their 3000 sq ft houses and Mercedes and Beemers in their drive way I don't feel to sorry for them when they lose their homes.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It was a pleasure to read the debate in this thread.

I enjoyed its intensity, honesty as well as intelligence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join