It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marilyn Manson plays Jesus in upcoming film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I can belief it this is gust wrong, nobody have any respect for Jesus today

It�s a dark comedy about a rock band that makes a deal with the devil and � according to an excerpt of the script posted on line � in the film, Jesus smokes pot. �Diamond Dead� will be directed by George Romero

Read Full Story: msnbc

It�s gust sick what people will do�

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Is nothing sacred?

Oh well, Mr "Manson" already devoted his breakthorugh album to the concept of Antichrist Superstar. No major progression.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It's pretty sad when people have to shock and disgust people to get publicity. Marilyn has always used this tactic, and to my surprise media and journalists give him all the attention he wants, as if they want to support his activities and fame by making commercials for them in their papers and news broadcasts.

His musical skills are very poor and his songs are only liked by some because of the retarded lyrics. This is not a star, this is a damaged human being, constantly craving for attention, either negative or positive.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
That is so ridiculous... This world is going to hell. What is this country coming to? This is low, even for that guy.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Music, like film, is just a matter of opinion.

Manson is very creative. His lyrics do have alot of meaning. He chose to break the rank and file of rock music, like KISS and Alice Cooper before him.

When Kevin Smith produced Dogma, he also got a lot of flak from the Church. The movie was very clever; 2 angels who were cast out of heaven embark on a crusade to punish sinners and gain re-entry to heaven; that God is really a woman; that the bible is false because it was written by men, with a male point of view.

In literature, Anne Rice's Memnoch the Devil has her vampire hero Lestat trying to be recruited by the Devil. He hears both sides of the conflict, and realizes that both God and the Devil are mad beings, totally undecipherable by humans. He even drinks Christs blood, at Jesus' request. If we were living in a country such as Iran, she would have definately received a death warrant, like Salman Rushdie(Satanic Verses) for her book.

Fact is, the only people being offended by a movie with Manson in it, portraying Jesus smoking pot, are the redneck, bible thumping proto-Christians, whose only goal in life is to tell everyone else how evil they are, all the while overlooking their own shortcomings.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
"your pseudo morals work real well, on the talk shows for the weak"

"selective judgement and good guy badge, dont mean a # to me"

"GET YOUR GUNN"

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
Fact is, the only people being offended by a movie with Manson in it, portraying Jesus smoking pot, are the redneck, bible thumping proto-Christians, whose only goal in life is to tell everyone else how evil they are, all the while overlooking their own shortcomings.

Umm... No you're wrong. I'm not what you described, but I'd be offended by this. I think it's because of the fact that this is Marilyn Manson, who has openly declared that he's a priest of Satanism or whatever. He's doing it to make fun of Jesus, I'm sure. It's not comparible to Dogma (great movie, btw) because that was more of a satire, and it had some sense of respect. I'm sure this Jesus smoking pot thing is just to say "oh look, hahaha, how funny is this, Jesus toking up, hahahahaha."

I guess we won't really know until the movie comes out, but I still think its inappropriate, if only because it's Marilyn Manson portraying Jesus. Don't take that as me bashing Manson either. I don't like his music or agree with basically anything he stands for, but it's not an attack on him, just a fact that he's all anti-Jesus and for him to portray Jesus in such a way is totally inappropriate.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The truth is none of us really know what Marilyn Manson represents.

Let's not ignore the fact that Marilyn Manson was approached to do this film. If you're going to be upset about this, then direct your anger appropriately.

Marilyn Manson is one of the most brilliant people. He is a misunderstood, well-educated man that certainly kicked a$$ with Antichrist Superstar. ::winks@MA::

What happened to the "Willy Wonka" film that was going to be redone? I would have LOVED to see Marilyn Manson fill the role of Mr. Wonka!!!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
"our next movie will be the life of mother teresa with saddam hussein as mother teresa..."

GTFO here with that marilyn manson BS.

i'm just a lowly atheist but even this is just plain dumb to me.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Good example, TPM, lol.

As for the Willy Wonka movie, I believe Johnny Depp is slated to play Wonka.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Manson is a lousy artist/musician or what ever you call him. He has to use shock techniques to get people to listen. Don't give hime 2 secs of your time he's a waste of human flesh.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
As for the Willy Wonka movie, I believe Johnny Depp is slated to play Wonka.

I like Johnny Depp, but Marilyn Manson wanted and deserved that role!

I'm pissed.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
Manson is a lousy artist/musician or what ever you call him. He has to use shock techniques to get people to listen. Don't give hime 2 secs of your time he's a waste of human flesh.

Heh, I tend to agree. If Manson wasn't as crazy and wacked out as he is, and didn't portray himself the way he does, I don't think anyone would give a crap about him. Even his fans would probably have never been drawn to his "amazing lyrics" because without the fake boobs and makeup he probably wouldn't be anything big.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

By that logic then whats your oppinion of Elvis? He was the true first shock rocker by definition, epecially considering he could only be filmed from the waist up due to his pelvic gyrations.

Since this thread has such religious fervor, heres a quote for everyone to think about

"i never really hated the one true god but the god of all the people i hated"

That sounds to me like manson isint so evil and anti-god like people want to think, but perhaps just pissed at those around him who tried to stuff their belief structure down his throat at a young age, and to some extent still to this day. By current standards manson's shock value is gone, if you want to complain about someone doing something outrageous, pull out that florida band that wanted to televise a suicide, or the various european black metal bands that have adorned the stage with severed pig heads on spikes.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Give me a break... Elivs was the King. manson is a wanta be with zero talent and I'm not saying that because of his religious stance just stating the obvious my friend.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
salmon cod vodka shots
Jesus loves us stoned or not
speed weed birth control
sex drugs rock n roll
life is short and then you die
so frock that and lets get high

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Give me a break... Elivs was the King. manson is a wanta be with zero talent and I'm not saying that because of his religious stance just stating the obvious my friend.

But, as stated before, music is a matter of opinion. If you like music devoid of any meaning, then listen to Elvis, or Tantric or any of the 50's music. Not everyone is happy-happy-smiles. Manson, Stained, Godhead, the Dead Kennedy's ALL have lyrics that mean something.

Not one of Mansons songs mentions worshipping the devil. His membership in the Church of Satan was for shock value, he said it himself.

If anyone made Marilyn Manson, it was Christianity

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaswegpg

It�s gust sick what people will do�

Yeah, like Christiannity or other religions have never done any sick things...

I couldn't care less about it. You all act upset and outraged, but you have to realise this : half the population (wild approximation) don't even give a damn buck about religious propaganda.

How do you feel knowing I will actually laugh when I'll see "Jesus" lighting a fat one? lol...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I personally dont give a flying f*ck if Marilyn Manson wants to play Jesus in a movie. Don't you dumbasses know that by making a big deal out of this you're just giving the guy more publicity? More people will be curious about it and will want to go see it. Meanwhile Manson and the producers of the movie will be laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The fact that you cannot recognize an ARTIST when you are confronted with one just proves the narrowness of your understanding. Grow-up! Your "affected" horror at Manson's visceral expression of his art show your ignorance of the media in general.

Never-mind,
If you are on the side of Jayzus then you must be right!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join