It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squares on Mars pictures

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
From your image:

[img]http://hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu/PDS/EXTRAS/DTM/PSP/ORB_003500_003599/PSP_003542_2035_PSP_005599_2035/DTEEC_003542_2035_005599_2035_U01.sb.jpg[/ img]

What are these... maybe buildings they didnt want to show

[img]http://hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu/PDS/EXTRAS/DTM/PSP/ORB_003500_003599/PSP_003542_2035_PSP_005599_2035/DTEEC_003542_2035_005599_2035_U01.sb.jpg[/ img]

[im]http://hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu/PDS/EXTRAS/DTM/PSP/ORB_003500_003599/PSP_003542_2035_PSP_005599_2035/DTEEC_003542_2035_005599_2035_U01.sb.jpg[/i m]

[im]http://hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu/PDS/EXTRAS/DTM/PSP/ORB_003500_003599/PSP_003542_2035_PSP_005599_2035/DTEEC_003542_2035_005599_2035_U01.sb.jpg[/i m]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sorry

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Definitely appear to be digital artifacts of some sort.

Remove my original message because I was wrong.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I thought the squares were part of the post/processing of the digital info, but there seem to be definite shadows on the squares. Also on some of the squares have crumbled, are uneven and have blended into the landscape.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Yawn, these type of posts make me laugh.

Objects on Mars, Spacehips in asteroid belts, giant ships orbiting the Sun on SOHO......WOW so many experts at forensic analysis of complex deep space photography. Who needs trained astronomers to view them eh!!

All with degrees from the School of Wiki no doubt!

[edit on 5-2-2010 by highlander08]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by menjo2000
I thought the squares were part of the post/processing of the digital info, but there seem to be definite shadows on the squares. Also on some of the squares have crumbled, are uneven and have blended into the landscape.

Really now! And what qualifications/experience do you have in analysis of complex space photography. You mentioned there were "definite" shadows and crumbling. How did you reach that conclusion other than it just looks like that on your computer screen.....

First discuss the full technical specifications in producing this photo and rule out any known anomalies which may occur, then begin.....I think you're working backwards!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i read about things like this and the people that take the photos say that the photo that you are looking at is about 5000 picks glued together and thats why they have boxes its the same as when them people say they found atlantis on google earth but it was how the boat was taking picktures

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by birdyat101
i read about things like this and the people that take the photos say that the photo that you are looking at is about 5000 picks glued together and thats why they have boxes its the same as when them people say they found atlantis on google earth but it was how the boat was taking picktures

Exactly. Posters on this thread are making conclusions based on an image which they have no knowledge as to how it was processed or produced. You are correct, you can see on many such images how they are a composite of many smaller images stitched together. When there is a missing one, surprise, surprise you often get a blank square.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlander08

Exactly. Posters on this thread are making conclusions based on an image which they have no knowledge as to how it was processed or produced. You are correct, you can see on many such images how they are a composite of many smaller images stitched together. When there is a missing one, surprise, surprise you often get a blank square.

Right.. Now there are missing some. Thank you for your expertise.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
How many of you are tired of the processing effects, camera artifacts, digital, blah blah blah blah crap from Nasa and the posters on this site?

Look at these pictures and tell me why we can get pictures like this of earth from orbit, yet the moon and mars all have these so called processing errors in them.

www.popsci.com...

Even the smartest of people buy this crap.

Either we are being lied to, or Nasa needs all their money taken away if they can not run a camera.

I am so sick of this stupidity I can not stand it any longer.

In fact I am going to start a new thread showing the awesome pictures of earth through an atmosphere yet the moon is all blurry and from so far away there is no detail, mars has better pictures than the moon and it has an atmosphere to view through.

Why do so many of you buy this?

Why can Nasa not make decent pictures?

Why do you accept the fact they are so bad at processing photos?

Is everyone that gullible?

Algorithms in the software. Get better software. So every picture of earth from orbit uses better software than Nasa uses for other planets?

COME ON!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by highlander08

OOO Complex space photography huh?

What about these pictures from earth orbit?

www.popsci.com...

Why are you all so completely sure that taking photos from space is so hard when photos of earth from SPACE are so clear and detailed.

Oh it's on another planet so there are artifacts and processing errors and it is so complicated.

If Nasa can't process pictures without so many errors we need our tax dollars back.

Wake up Man!!!

Or do you work for them?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whattheh
Look at these pictures and tell me why we can get pictures like this of earth from orbit, yet the moon and mars all have these so called processing errors in them.

please think befor you post how far away is the moon and mars??? lots and out there you have to deal with radation from the sun so that can interfer with the equipment or if there sending it stright back over that distance then you are going to get some loss in dater

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whattheh

It doesn't take the smartest person to understand that the image in the OP is not a photographic image. It is a representation of elevation data generated by computer analysis of two images of the same area.

You want good photographs of Mars? Here are the two images used to produce the representation in the OP.
hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

If you want a really high resolution version, try these:

[edit on 2/7/2010 by Phage]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join