It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying Man Gives Up unseen Challnger Explosion Video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KANDINSKI

Personally, I'm happy to know that I was not the only person that decked a moron that made the "need another seven astronauts" joke.

Sometimes violence IS the answer. And sometimes, it just makes you feel better.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
I remember watching the launch on live TV in school. I was in the 5th grade. It was the first time I had ever watched a shuttle launch.

I'm sure the man just hung on to the video for personal reasons. He says in the video that he thinks that he had just recorded something historical. He probably just wanted to keep it for himself and for his family to have as their own record of the event.

297GT .. I will agree with you that one human life is just as important as the next, however, there is a difference in the tragedy of a brave human being putting their lives on the line for the betterment of humanity.

This is my first ever "flashbulb" memory - when a tragic event occurs and it hits you so hard that you remember EVERYTHING going on when it happened. I was in 8th grade and played hooky that morning for no other reason than I didn't feel like going. I was at the kitchen table, alone, mom still sleeping and Dad and brother gone...pissed cuz we were out of sugar and Cheerios already in the milk. The launch must have been on every station...watching it live...i can still taste those god awful cheerios...the shuttle launched...the pause in the vid when the big tank blew...and everything else silent. Thinking: that's not supposed to happen, is it? why doesn't somebody say anything? No comments, just this horrible picture on the TV.

I haven't had Cheerios since.

I think this guy either thought the video he shot was more valuable than it was or didn't think it was worth anything. Probably the first reason, seeing he turned it in on his death bed.

<< 1  2   >>

join