It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel launches air strikes in Gaza: Hamas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Israel launches air strikes in Gaza: Hamas

www.reuters.com

GAZA (Reuters) - Israel launched air strikes in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday striking tunnels along the border with Egypt and an abandoned building, Hamas officials said.

The Israeli army had no immediate comment on the strikes which came a day after two explosive devices said to have originated in the Hamas-ruled Gaza territory washed up on Israel's coastline.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well, this isn't the all out war with Lebanon / Syria (Hezbollah) that we've all been watching for, but it might be their foot in the door for increasing air strikes.

Hopefully white phosphorus will not play large part in the air strikes. From the article it sounds like the strikes were so far bunker busters to blow up tunnels, and an "abandoned building".

Guess we'll have to watch this to see how it progresses... And I pray for the safety of all the innocent civilians.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Denying any people food, water, electricity and medicines can be called an Evil Action, no matter who is doing it. And I refuse to be dragged into the argument over who is in the right and who is wrong in the scenario.

People are people first, religions and culture are second. These men, women and children need the world's help to live since they are being denied what they need to do so.

Why hasn't the U.N. begun an air lift of much needed supplies to these people as they did in Berlin?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
didnt read anything, but 1 of my b6 brothers is over there...he is an A hole
...wonder what'll happen next?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Fingers crossed that there's no civilian casulties from this. Israel knows fine well there more than weapons getting transported through these tunnels. And air strikes on tunnels or suspected tunnels could be messy.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

You know the really sad thing is that the people of Egypt are completely against the wall that's being built. Only the government of Egypt is in alliance with Israel / US govt, but what their people think is completely irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Get your facts streight.

First of all I'd like to mention that 3 people were wounded in the attack, and luckily no casualties.

About denying them water and elecricity.
Total lie.

We give them electricity (for free!!!!!!!!)
and water (FOR FREE !!!!!!)
for obviouse humanitarian reasons.

Now dont get me wrong... I know how bad my country treats them, and how we basically jail them in their territories.....
But please get your facts streight.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by freebourn]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn

Now dont get me wrong... I know how bad my country treats them, and how we basically jail them in their territories.....
But please get your facts streight.

I'd like to thank you for putting the facts straight.

There are people on this site, who don't believe it's a open air prison.

TY

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It looks like Israel is trying to destroy the tunnels the Palestinians build (their only source of food, clean water, fuel, and YES light weapons which they need)..

Basically, Israel wants to make sure the Palestinians are deprived of their living necessities in order to make killing the Palestinians easier..

Shame on Israel, and shame on the world to not speak up against this tyranny!

top topics

join