It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 members of the Idaho-based New Life Children's Refuge arrested for kidnap of 33 haitian kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The ten members of the Idaho-based New Life Children's Refuge (NCLR) have been arrested by Haitian authorities for attempting to abduct 33 Haitian. The NCLR says that this is just a misunderstanding; however Wayne Madsen says that the group may have wanted the children for trafficking. He also adds that three types of groups show up for children during a disaster; adoption mills, pedophiles and organ traffickers.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I saw this on the news very early this morning. I debated on creating a thread but was not sure how to go about posting it, without sounding as if I were condoning or completely defending them.

I want to believe their story I really do. If correct it is possible they were nothing more than innocent pawns in what they thought was truly helping these children. It is possible that someone else gathered the children for these people to take to a “safe” place.

Then there is the chance that this group in actions broke off from their church and settled for the greed in man’s heart over truly helping. If this is the case I hope they are punished to the fullest extent. This is a very serious crime.

There is also the off chance that somehow their whole church was involved. This is least likely to me because of the increased chance of being caught very early on. Again if this is the case I hope all involved are punished.

Sadly though I do not think they were going to adoption rings. I think it is more likely they were going to be used as sex slaves or physical slavery. Children are highly prized by those that are the most evil when it comes to sexual pleasure. The innocence they hold drives the lust they have. Even after the innocence is taken there is a lingering for some time of that lost innocence that still drives further sexual torture.

I do not believe for one second these children were going to be adopted in black market adoption. If anything I would have a better chance of believing that these people got in the way of those in power whisking these kids out for sex slavery.

Raist

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Smear campaign? I think so.
This looks like a vicious attack on a well-meaning (very naive) group of missionaries who wanted to help Hatians!!!
organ-trafficking? sex slavery?
OMGosh, go find REAL CRIMINALS!
Is this just a way to take the heat off REAL HUMAN TRAFFICKING?
From a fox news article; www.kmsstv.com... If the children DID have parents, they may have arranged for them to leave themselves with the aid workers;

Still, some parents in Haiti have openly said that they would consider parting with their children if it meant a better life elsewhere. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, and while the country is in need of help, many citizens have mixed feelings toward Christian groups and their missions in Haiti.

“Some parents I know have already given their children to foreigners,” Adonis Helman, 44, told The A.P. “I’ve been thinking how I will choose which one I may give — probably my youngest.”

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

This looks like a vicious attack on a well-meaning (very naive) group of missionaries who wanted to help Hatians!!!

Maybe ...

According to their mission statement, the Baptists' intent was to "find healing, hope, joy and new life in Christ" for the Roman Catholic children "as well as opportunities for adoption into a loving Christian family." To that end they partnered with New Life Adoption Foundation to "help facilitate adoptions and provide grants to subsidize the cost of adoption for loving Christian parents who would otherwise not be able to afford to adopt." *

Thank god they weren't 'well-meaning' jews eh?
We would have had to get new servers.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
lol call it what you want i call it posting new news

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

"New servers"? I don't get it, sry.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
The ten members of the Idaho-based New Life Children's Refuge (NCLR) have been arrested by Haitian authorities for attempting to abduct 33 Haitian. The NCLR says that this is just a misunderstanding; however Wayne Madsen says that the group may have wanted the children for trafficking. He also adds that three types of groups show up for children during a disaster; adoption mills, pedophiles and organ traffickers.

I saw this too, and this wasn't an accident. They where grabbing these kids not for adoption, but for indoctrination into their belief system and then they can get them so messed up in the head that they can get them to do whatever they want and think. This is evil, and people are running like crazy to take kids out of that corrupt and destroyed country. People my blame the parents, but guess what. The parents are thinking that these white or hispanic people are taking my kids for a better life in rich "wherever" and they will eventually remember me and bring the rest of us to that country. Their desperate and since many are highly religious think that since this person is a person of god, they are trustworthy. People preying on the indoctrinated and desperate in order to push an agenda and/or make money. There's a reason why people are kept ignorant and spiteful and intolerant, and thats because it makes it easy to control them and convince them to do whatever.

Also here's something else to, why is it that people in th US are running around the planet adopting kids when they could adopt from their own country? It's real simple, they want babies because in a non-PC word, many of the kids in foster care in the US are "damaged" goods and older. They come with baggage and people want a child or baby that is more than likely not able to remember or more than likely not damaged. This says alot about the US, it truly does. We can't take care of our own people's kids and it's so bad that we have to find other nations kids.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

The majority that adopt outside of the U.S. do it because it is easier much of the time to do so. Odd as it sounds many have complained about the time it takes to adopt within the U.S. vs. adopting from the outside.

I do not understand how you could think a baby could be “damaged”, I could possibly see you saying that about an older child, but no one is ever truly damaged. People only seemed to be damaged because others give up on them claiming they are so.

Raist

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Also here's something else to, why is it that people in th US are running around the planet adopting kids when they could adopt from their own country? It's real simple, they want babies because in a non-PC word, many of the kids in foster care in the US are "damaged" goods and older. They come with baggage and people want a child or baby that is more than likely not able to remember or more than likely not damaged. This says alot about the US, it truly does. We can't take care of our own people's kids and it's so bad that we have to find other nations kids.

Do you know HOW many people I know (in the U.S.) who have adopted 'messed up kids' from orphanages, in the U.S and abroad WHEN they KNEW they were messed up?
From physical deformities to R.A.D. brain damage because they were so neglected????
AT LEAST 5 and I'm in the rural southeast!

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Well you know people that are better than others do not want “damaged” kids.

I think it is the not fully understanding love and caring for another no matter what is wrong with them. Not saying that the poster above is one of those people though. Often though those who are too good for “damaged” kids are not deserving of children anyway.

Raist

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

True, many see children as status symbols!
It's those children who are 'damaged goods' that need most help anyway!
Look in the orphanages in El Salvador, where HIV children are almost thrown away! Or China where hair-lipped or female children go!
It's despicable! But to lay the blame of money-hungry child-trafficking on these missionaries is just as despicable! I do NOT believe they were even going to make money on adoptions!
SHOW ME PROOF or shut up. (not talking to you, just the media)

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

My apologies ... sometimes my snarkiness is clumsily delivered.

My fleeting point (not directed at you btw), is imagine the plethora of "I told you so" venomous threads and posts generated if the words in my above quoted reference were Jewish/Israeli instead of Christian/American ...

Bottom line is that people from all over and believing different things are capable of the same things ... Yet some folks, because of their specific agenda, will see the same action from two different groups but assign different descriptions and interpretations depending on their predisposed narrow world view.

In this case, I am not sure what their exact motives are yet because from what I gather all the relevant facts have yet to be revealed. I only wish folks (again, not you) would take the same objective disposition no matter the nationality or beliefs of those involved, and not to extrapolate generalities out of their discovery.

It is however, having witnessed how so many here express themselves, a hope against hope.

Does tha make sense?

Btw, this is by no means anything new: Zoe's Ark case

There are predatory people everywhere ready to exploit the misfortunes of others, and they surely aren't exclusive to any nation or religion.

[edit on 1 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No problem, I try to believe the best in people and am sick of liars, child abusers and organ traffickers!
call me crazy if you want......
I just saw NO JUSTICE for these children and then these guys (Some as young as 18)
get crucified for what looks like a lack of documentation(One paper!)?

edit to add;
WHERE'S THE ARRESTS FOR THOSE WHO REALLY HAVE kidnapped these children for sex-slavery, or organ stealing????

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I watched the clip, and was wondering what news source this was.

So I googled it.

Check It Out Yourself, rt.com

I think this is very sensationalized news, (organ harvesting, pedophilia, human trafficking, gee whiz can it get any worse??) and would like to believe it was merely ignorant but well meaning xians trying to help kids.

I resent that fat jerk on the video implying only those three types of groups go to help children (organ traffickers, peds, human slavery).

I myself felt called to help, but besides the fact I care for a disabled relative in my own country, I would not have the foggiest idea of where to begin to look for a group to join and help. My area of expertise? Child care.

The only idea that came to me? Go with a church group. I myself was raised catholic and am not religious anymore. I dont have a four yr degree, so I now wonder what good I could even do or offer in the first place. How depressing, and crappy that that guy makes it seem like anyone called to help the children is in it for nefarious reasons.

HOWEVER, with parental attitudes like quoted above (I wonder which child to sell, maybe the youngest!!!!) I can see why nefarious groups are drawn to the areas in times of crisis. And thats why GOOD people are needed, and why comments like the fat jerk made can really hinder persons from volunteering to help.

In fact I can see this entire incident with the arrests to be a huge hindrance for all groups considering helping.

I cry for those poor babies in Haiti.

I hope the authorities get to the bottom of this situation, soon.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Well as I said in my first post, I hope they are truly innocent in this.

Honestly I think that they might be nothing more than pawns believing they were doing right. There is a part of me though that thinks these individuals separated from their church in their actions and were going through with a child trafficking plan.

For now though I am hoping for the best and that they were innocent pawns. But until I know for sure I am not going to take that stance alone.

I am not sure what to say about the rich who adopt kids from all over. I hope some of them at least have the child’s best interests in hand. But I understand that some have them for no other reason than one would have their diamonds or fur. It is saddening to think that in some cases even though the child would be poor that they would receive more love than from their adopted families.

Raist

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I have seen the same story on the major networks.

I saw it very early yesterday morning at work on CBS and later that day on CNN. The story is true sad to say.

I hope they are innocent pawns in this, I think they are. A part of me though thinks they have unofficially broken ties with their church and stated something else.

Raist

top topics

join