It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate emails hacked by spies claims British advisor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
A former advisor to Tony Blair is now claiming that the hacked E-mails that resulted in the “climategate” scandal were the result of espionage by the Russians, or maybe the Chinese, or maybe by American Lobbiests. In other words, they still don’t know who did it, but they think whoever did do it must have had some powerful resources.

Advisor Blames "Climategate" Revelations on Espionage

A report was posted at Independent.co.uk about claims mad by David King, who served as Blair’s advisor for seven years:

In an interview with The Independent, Sir David suggested the email leaks were deliberately designed to destabilise Copenhagen and he dismissed the idea that it was a run-of-the-mill hacking. It was carried out by a team of skilled professionals, either on behalf of a foreign government or at the behest of anti-climate change lobbyists in the United States, he said.

However, King is not content merely to generically blame “a foreign government”; instead, he appears prepared to lay the blame at the door of the Russian government, in part, apparently, because of an effort by the hackers themselves to leave a trail of evidence leading back to Russia. According to the Independent:

Experts have suggested that loading the email file onto a Tomsk computer server may have been a clumsy attempt to lay a trail to the door of the Russian intelligence service, which has since denied any involvement in the hacking incident. Some commentators in Russia have said that China had more to gain from destabilising the Copenhagen conference than Russia.

Sir David said, however, that it was not possible to dismiss the possibility of Russia's involvement. "If it was a job done on behalf of a government, then I suppose there is the possibility that it could be the Russian intelligence agency," he said.

"If it was a maverick group then I suppose it could be the Americans, but I am hazarding a guess as much as anyone else. The only thing is, I've worked within government and I've seen this in operation," Sir David added. "It was a sophisticated and expensive operation. In terms of the expense, there is the American lobby system which is a very likely source of finance. Right now, the American lobbyists are a very likely source of finance for this, so the finger must point to them," he said.

The New American

What is this guy, one of those Conspiracy Theory Kooks? He probably even believes in the one about TPTB putting poison on our toilet paper to control the population.

Heck, he might even be lurking on the boards here, posting way out of there threads about global conspiracies, UFOs and what-not.

Sounds like my kinda guy!

I guess the fact the hackers haven't yet been caught shows that the hackers were more than just your ordinary computer geeks. If it were revealed that a foreign government was behind the hacking, Britan may feel it best not to call out the culprets for fear of creating an international incident or increasing hostilities.

If they find out it was an American corporation though, you can expect them and the MSM to be all over the story like white on rice.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It's strange that they seem adamant to blame hackers, without admitting the very real, if not likely, possibility of a deliberate leak from within. Even if they knew it was a leak, I guess it's better to blame an attack from an external threat than a leak from the inside.

I started a thread, Climategate A Leak, Not A Hack, regarding the leaked emails and documents. This shows how an experienced software engineer from Canada who investigated the files, thought that it was highly unlikely to have been hacked.

I've got a feeling that we will never know who leaked those emails. But I'm sure the baseless accusations will continue. But it's not as if it changes anything contained in the files, as that we do know, is genuine.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
the reality is that you need to be brainless to believe in one or the other side of this global warming madness ...

if you stop to think, there arent enough facts and studies well made to provide proofs to either side, so yeah, we could have a conspiracy here and as I said, everyone should pay attention to all this madness, since a lot of money is involved

remember, money is what moves our world, nobody is going to stop and lose money because of some scientists said its possible, so, its really weird that all these global warming process is being forced by some world leaders like obama

and another weird thing is for obama to joke about "deniers" - he is just saying by doing that, that he doesnt believe in the scientific proofs about global warming, otherwise, he would change everyone minds presenting this definitive proofs that AL GORE always talk about ...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I think a leak is probably more likely as well.

This Sir David guy is probably trying to preserve the illusion of "consensus". Lord knows those MMGW adherents can't possibly stand the idea of one of their own blowing the whistle on them.

If it was leaked they probably have dealt with the whistleblower quietly. By continuing to claim the E-mails were stolen, they can deflect from the importance of the E-mails by portraying themselves as the victims of a crime.

Besides which, the idea of international espionage just make the whole thing seem so cool and hip.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Aaaaah so now they try other tactics to try to discredit what the emails are telling us?....

BTW...you do know that there are many good hackers out there that haven't been caught right?... and they are "ordinary individuals"....

One more thing.... let's just say, for the sake of the argument, that a corporation was behind the leaked emails... does that discredit the emails which have been shown to have been written by the scammers Mann, Jones, etc?....

NO ONE has said anything about the leaked emails being false, or disinformation, and even some of the scammers, either recipients, or some of those who sent the emails have said they are original and they sent them.....

This is nothing more than an ATTEMPT to discredit the truth that we found in the leaked emails.

But yet again, we also have the fact that the chief scientist of the IPCC had to come clean and admit that there were errors, and they posted those errors as if they were proof of AGW...

Not only that but one of the scientists who posted the "errors" had to ADMIT that they KNEW BEFORE HAND that they were posting false information as proof....

So again i ask.... does this discredit the fact that AGW is nothing more than a SCAM?....

[edit on 2-2-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
the reality is that you need to be brainless to believe in one or the other side of this global warming madness ...

Well, obviously you haven't "stopped' to look at the evidence that refutes the AGW claims.... With this statement, and the fact that you don't even have ONE thread in which you talk about AGW, tells me you haven't even bothered to look at the evidence, which sorry to say proves AGW is a scam....

BTW, if you had any grey matter in that brain of yours you would realize that the fact that the IPCC posted false information AND THEY KNEW IT WAS FALSE, and the fact that the scammers, Jones, Mann, et al had to rig the data, post false information, keep people in the dark by not releasing the original data, and programs, they used legal, and even talked about using illegal ways to keep people in the dark proves that there is no evidence in favor of AGW....

if you stop to think, there arent enough facts and studies well made to provide proofs to either side, so yeah, we could have a conspiracy here and as I said, everyone should pay attention to all this madness, since a lot of money is involved

Sorry but that is BS. First of all I have studied Climate Change for several years now and for years some other members and I have posted "peer-reviewed" research papers that show AGW is nothing more than a scam...

BTW, I am not getting paid for any of this, but again this shows you haven't "stopped to think"....

Not even ATS is paying me for posting all the informaton I have posted.... so where are all my checks?....

remember, money is what moves our world, nobody is going to stop and lose money because of some scientists said its possible, so, its really weird that all these global warming process is being forced by some world leaders like obama.

When it comes to the AGW scam, yes it has become a multi-billion business, and even politicians are getting rich..

BTW, we have had some threads in these forums that show that big businesses, and including oil companies are also jumping in the bandwagon of AGW to make profits from "GREEN ENERGIES"...

and another weird thing is for obama to joke about "deniers" - he is just saying by doing that, that he doesnt believe in the scientific proofs about global warming, otherwise, he would change everyone minds presenting this definitive proofs that AL GORE always talk about ...

Obama is a "Progressive", and these people want a One World Government and AGW is one of the ways they are trying to push for their agenda. We have had many threads about this also.

Those of us who deny AGW are not denying "NATURAL Climate change"... but since the AGW proponents have no evidence to back their religion they resort to name calling and to claim that we are "Climate deniers"...
These people can't understand the difference between the lies of AGW and Climate Change....

[edit on 2-2-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

new topics

top topics

join