It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Dutch Minster of Finance now CEO of nationalized ABN Amro bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I just read an article on increased costs of personal banking in the Netherlands in which I was informed that the former Minister of Finance is now working in the 'private sector' as CEO of one of the largest banks in Holland.

Gerrit Zalm (born 6 May 1952) is a former Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance of the Netherlands. He was the longest serving Minister of Finance in the history of the Netherlands and has been responsible for numerous reforms of the Dutch economy.

On 26 November 2006, he announced in the Sunday morning talk show Buitenhof that he would step down from politics and would probably seek employment in the private sector. Zalm ended up working for the DSB bank, a bank known for giving loans to lower-income people. On 21 November it was announced by Prime minister Balkenende that Zalm will be the new CEO of the bank resulting from the merger of ABN and Fortis Netherlands, two recently nationalized banks. [2]
Wikipedia

How anyone can believe that our governments serve the people is beyond me.
To me, it is painfully obvious that governments GOVERN the people to keep them away from the small group of crooks that rape and pillage the planet in their never ending greed for wealth and power. The blatant transparency in which they operate is an insult to anyone who recognizes it for what it truly is, and I long for the day that the people's awareness and self-respect reaches critical mass and results in us putting an end to these legal crime cartels.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Zalm was the best minister of finance we ever had, he was also the longest sitting at that post through the gold age of the 90's..It is highly understandable he gets a function like that after his political carrier[not simultaneously], his functioning at the DSB was more questonable..
Besides this is very old news...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

The gold age of the nineties?

That depends on from where you're looking at it. I bet some people made a lot of money, but I bet that money came from the (still) growing gap between the rich and poor.

I did not mean to post this as news. (If it's in the wrong forum/format feel free to move/edit it mods...)

new topics

join