It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cancels Moon return project

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
We can't go to the Moon. As the clock rolls forward, more and more people wonder why we don't go back, and the shmucks make up excuses like ''not enough money'' or ''too dangerous''. Bull! If was easy enough to do in the 1960's with that old timey technology then why not now?

Answer: Because we never went to the Moon in the 1960's.

There is no need to make another grainy black'n'white film of fake lunar landings. Everybody would cry foul. People want to see razor sharp high definition nowadays. It would be too easy to detect the studio fake.

We didn't go to the Moon. The whole scam was a cover for near-Earth orbit satellites. The race was to dominate the sky with a network of satellites. We wanted to take the high ground first and get a jump on surveillance of our enemies. We will see satellites shot out of orbit before we see a Moon trip.

Have you ever wondered why we don't see satellites shot out of orbit?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

China shot a sattelite out of the sky about a year ago. There was a big deal about how it caused additional debris in orbit

We (the US) shot one down about a year ago.

What are you talking about. Quit with the riddles. If you have something to say then just say it.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

Uhhhhh.... well..... there ya go. You saw satellites shot out of orbit before a Moon landing.

But seriously, who shot who? I thought China shot their own, as did we.

I meant militant satellite battle.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yeah this obviously means . .
1. We can't land on the moon.
2. We are on the moon.
3. The moon landing never happened.
4. There is aliens on the moon.
5. There is no moon it is a illusion .
6. I can keep going it you guys want ?

/sarcasm

[edit on 1-2-2010 by nophun]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I too am disgusted by Obamas decision. But this always happens under democratic leadership (with the exception of JFK, may he rest in peace.) They always cut space exploration for welfare or some other horde of social programs.

Seriously? you guys thought "change" meant positive change? This guy is a communist! And not a good one! Hell, at least the politburo APPROVED of manned space flight!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
Yeah this obviously means . .
1. We can't land on the moon.
2. We are on the moon.
3. The moon landing never happened.
4. There is aliens on the moon.
5. There is no moon it is a illusion .
6. I can keep going it you guys want ?

/sarcasm

[edit on 1-2-2010 by nophun]

LOL! Ok, im glad I saw your sarcasm sign there lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This isn't just a bad decision for the USA, It is a bad decision for humanity.

There is absolutely nothing that Obama has done since his inauguration that has any relationship to "hope".

As I suspected, he is a complete fraud.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

America should have elected Chuck Norris President.
Then we wouldn't have to go up to the Moon.
Chuck Norris would pull the Moon down to us.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NightoftheComet

Don't mind me just this news really sucks.

I am just pouting

Here is a cool Phil Plait (Bad Astronomy) blog on this story.
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Made me feel a bit better

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
I agree with him that turnning some tasks over to private companys is good (doesn't Buzz have his own company and couldn't that be clouding his judgment)

As a matter of fact.... yes

www.starbooster.com...

buzzaldrin.com...

I also seem to recall 'rumors' that we were told to stay off the Moon... well I guess we will now...

Obama says 25 years to Mars... lets play with the ISS for now... I'll be dead in 25 years

But he is okay with us wasting the SAME money to go land on an Asteroid

President Obama chooses an asteroid as the destination for the next manned mission in space

And all the sheep applaud...

Well anyone who knows my posts will know I have said many times that they will find a reason not to go. I hate to say "I told you so" but...

I TOLD YOU SO

edit on 22-10-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
Somone in another thread asked what "Buzz" thought about this. Here is your answer.

www.nasa.gov...

I agree with him that turnning some tasks over to private companys is good (doesn't Buzz have his own company and couldn't that be clouding his judgment)

Forgive me but I just could not resist pointing something out about the latest empty bash Obama thread to pop up on ATS.

but the problem is that Obama has no direction, no goal, no direction.

Tea Party Rally sign author? What direction are you headed in because you just did a 180.

We need something to reach for, a path to follow. Constellation had lots of problems but at least it had a direction. Now we are officially just fool'n around. We aren't shooting for the Moon, but we aren't shooting for anything else either.

We have something to shoot for. Peace. Economic stability. Healthcare. Jobs. Unity. I can probably go on and on.

I am just curious if there is actually a valid reason to ignore real problems and pretend we need a "dream" to shoot for? Is the US perfect where you are?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join