It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Army Ranger / Lawrence Livermore Physicist predicts release of radical technology in 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

Recently I ran across something that I thought worth sharing and following the ensuing discussion. Some time ago on while lurking on ATS, I would routinely see banner ads for a fiction book called "The Second Ship: Book One of the Rho Agenda" by Richard Phillips. After following the link to his website many times, I finally forced myself to read an excerpt (I am generally not a big offline reader), but it paid off as it turned out to be pretty exciting reading.

Since, I have been going back to his website www.secondship.com... looking for release dates. This led me to poke around on his site and while reading in the "Author Bio" and "News" sections, it got me to thinking about disclosure.

Richard Phillips' Bio states:

"Born in Roswell, New Mexico in 1956, Richard Phillips graduated from West Point in 1979, trained as an Army Ranger and served for several years as an officer in the United States Army. In 1989, he graduated with a Master of Science degree in Physics from the Naval Post Graduate School, completing his thesis work at Los Alamos National Laboratory. He then spent three years as a Research Associate at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, before completing his tour of duty as an Army Officer."

Under the news section, I found the following VERY intriguing as it may pertain to disclosure, if not directly, then by implication:

"On 9/11/09, Richard Phillips spent the evening chatting with Captain Jack Harris of Badlands Radio about his bestselling sci-fi series, The Rho Agenda and about his prediction that 2016 will be the year the world is changed forever by the rollout of a series of radical technologies now under development."

And this....

"Although I am not at liberty to disclose any details of the classified projects on which I worked, I used the fictional scenario in this series of novels to examine the promise and the dangers associated with a number of technologies that lie on our technological doorstep. Enjoy the ride."

Seems like Mr. Phillips might know something about what might be coming in the near future in the way of technology being released to the public that may or may not be derived from alien technology. At any rate, I thought this might make for an interesting discussion topic, and I have to say, the first two books in the series were good enough to have me prowling his website for news on the release of the third and final book. His fiction seems to be heavily influenced by very relevant real world experience, and in lieu of actual disclosure, these books serve as a very interesting and thought provoking examination of the possible consequences of disclosure and the dispersal of alien technology.

-Bryan

[edit on 31-1-2010 by belowcommonknowledge]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Edited title to get away from disclosure stigma...

join