It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caprica question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If the colonies are at peace. and there is no sign of Alien life, Why do they need to create Cylons?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
When has peace time ever stopped the nations of this planet from developing new ways to murder each other?

I just watched the second episode today, hopefully it picks up a bit, it's a little dramatic for my tastes.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You're expecting anything by these guys to make sense?

For example, the human survivors are fleeing the Cylons, and presumably, the only thing keeping them alive (such as in the original series), is that the Cylons don't know where they are...

But, in the NEW version of this show, half the people on the ship are Cylons! (so of course they'd know where they are....!!!) It's ridiculous....

Or is there just some major plot point that wasn't raised in the first couple of episodes I tried to get into this new revamp?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Have a look at the last BSG movie, The Plan, It explains why the Cylons didn't annihilate the rest of Humanity.

essentially it was because some of the Cylons came to love the Humans which later manifested into the Cylon civil war

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
When has peace time ever stopped the nations of this planet from developing new ways to murder each other?

I just watched the second episode today, hopefully it picks up a bit, it's a little dramatic for my tastes.

QFT on both points
although the spending in defense R&D drops like a stone when there is peace.
90% of the equipment that the Military are using is from the cold war era but I agree that there is a growth in software in the last 20 years and that has allowed the use of UAV, so yeah,

you have just watched a guy talk his way around to your point lol

top topics

join