It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloak and Dagger Type Conspiracy Needed for Planned Adventure Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hello there everyone I really hope you can help me.

I'm a small time adventure game developer, for those that are not familiar with adventure games please a brief description follows below.

''By definition, an adventure game is a dangerous or risky undertaking: a playable novel, exciting, or otherwise remarkable event or experience. On your personal computer, an Adventure Game is that and more.''

Perfect examples of great adventure games would be Broken Sword 1 and 2, The Monkey Island Series, Grim Fandango, The Whispered World etc, etc.

Basically I'm working on one game at the moment that is due for commercial release in 2011 so I feel now is the time to start writing for a new one. I've decided this one will be based on a very cloak and dagger type conspiracy theory, quite possibly to do with religion.

The Da Vinci Code, or the Knights Templar conspiracies would be perfect but have obviously been used and also have adventure games based on them. I myself have nowhere near enough time or information on mysterious type conspiracies and would love a little help. Basically if anyone has any lesser known ideas that could be used to base the story of my game around that'd be great. I need something that has some fact or is known about but can be easily manipulated etc to form a great cloak and dagger-esque story around.

Thanks for your time.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm a writer, although im not published i have a shoe box full of discarded ideas and my hard drive is scattered with concepts and one off thoughts.

I'd love to throw a few ideas into the mix.

I'll check back on this thread tomorrow, feel free to U2U me

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

You would have better luck by putting future threads like this in the correct forum areas, like the Member Short Story Forum area, or potentially Collaborative Writing.

Yes, from what you've stated, you want it based upon religion, but the nature is "writing".

You can U2U a Moderator and ask them to move it, or they might move it when they see it.

I am a "Writer" on ATS and not being nasty, trying in fact to be helpful.

I've written a few threads there and this one might be one that is along what you're looking for, although religion is a subtext, though Christianity but nothing has been spoken about so far in it and it was for a writing contest which I won.

Ripped From The Headlines : Another Day In A Christian Paradise? Part 1(LSWC)

Tell me your thoughts on it here or via U2U.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What piece of the pie do we get. Writers and idea men get paid for their contributions. So is this a work for hire or can we expect a percentage? If you want some one to contribute to your possibly lucrative venture they deserve compensation.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have a few ideas that have not been "over used" and are realistic and are conspiracy related that would be great for a game and movies.
I was posting about my findings today, have a look here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I'm pretty sure you can make out the ending of it from what I was trying to imply in the post. Let me know if it interests you and I'll send you all of the info that I have found.
Edit: Feel free to send me a message, I have a few other ideas, graphics, sounds and special codes for games that I never had the time to make.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Elieser]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
@SpartanKingLeonidis I see what you mean actually I'll ask a mod to move it thanks for the heads up. Great avatar by the way who designed it?

The link is a great read so far, I've bookmarked it for later thanks!

@MikeNice I'm only asking for the point in the right direction to some information that's already around that I've no knowledge of, not asking them to write the whole thing for me or anything.

@Elieser Thanks I read your post, seem like quite an interesting idea...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
@SpartanKingLeonidis I see what you mean actually I'll ask a mod to move it thanks for the heads up. Great avatar by the way who designed it?

The link is a great read so far, I've bookmarked it for later thanks!

@MikeNice I'm only asking for the point in the right direction to some information that's already around that I've no knowledge of, not asking them to write the whole thing for me or anything.

@Elieser Thanks I read your post, seem like quite an interesting idea...

No problem.

The avatar is a mix between original picture and a few people assisting.

Hope your idea takes off as I love the Cloak and Dagger genre.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ah great it looks neat.

Thanks, I hope it does also. My first game is hopefully going to be signed to a publisher by the end of they year (it could all go wrong though lol) so hopefully I'll have a bigger budget if I get chance to start this second project.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

I would like to be of assistance in your endeavor but to ascertain whether I have what you feel you need to develop a game, I feel you have to do something for yourself first to determine if my conspiratorial nature is sufficient to assist you in your game development. I' sure you would concur with my premise. It also spares me from having to get long winded about material which you may or may not find interesting enough and suitable for game development.

Since I am willing to collaborate all you have to do is look at my ATS profile and then read some if not all of my ATS postings to get an idea of how I think about certain subject matters. I will tell you that I am not your average observer nor your everyday average thinker. I consider myself to be well versed in numerous conspiracies and possess a conspiratorial nature equal to how a scientist or investigator goes about pursing a lead or clue.

My main emphasis for discussion is on secret time travel technology being abused to commit time crimes and other criminal endeavors. Anyway, take a look. If you see something you like, just let me know. I have posted a number of ATS posts discussing time travel abuse, so I have no doubt you will get a taste of what interests me immensely.

Good luck on the development. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I don't have a thin skin and I wont commit suicide if you don't think I have what you need for you to do your development. I just want to exercise the brain and throw around some ideas few if any have considered.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Great reply Max thanks a lot!

However it's saying in my browser you have no posts or threads lol.

Although I like the idea of time crimes etc I don't think it'd hold my attention enough to write a story based on it. I'd rather something like a deep routed mystical conspiracy, much like in the book the Da Vinci Code, although I don't want it to be at all as obvious as this.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Could a mod move this to collaborative writing please. I messaged one but not sure if they've been on.

I was thinking I'd like for the game to visit Russia and Rome. I really want to stir away from UFO conspiracies but am sadly not well enough equipped with knowledge in the other fields. Would appreciate some more suggestions.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

top topics

join