It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Dear, The Sun Takes Over MoD's UFO Bureau

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.theregister.co.uk...

Renowned British tabloid the Sun has pledged to take on the task of running the nation's UFO-report bureau after cash-strapped Ministry of Defence chiefs closed it down last year. The paper says its public-spirited move has been endorsed by famous Mars-prang eggface prof Colin Pillinger

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing. The Sun is a whore of a newspaper here in the UK but maybe the public can relate to reporting to them better than the MoD.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
As much as I dislike The Sun newspaper it does have one thing going for it, a very large circulation. Unless things have changed since the last time I checked it has the largest circulation of any UK paper, by a very large stretch.

This popularity and large circulation could result in the general public feeling much more at ease with reporting, discussing, acknowledging, accepting the UFO phenomena... and consequently the idea that some might be ET in nature.

If I was going to try and enable a change in the public's attitude to the whole thing, by using the MSM, The Sun would most likely be my choice of newspaper for the purpose.

The Sun is also part of the Murdoch empire ... so perhaps the rest of his media outlets (Sky, Fox, The Times, to name but 3) might follow.

Just a thought mind you.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
www.theregister.co.uk...

Renowned British tabloid the Sun has pledged to take on the task of running the nation's UFO-report bureau after cash-strapped Ministry of Defence chiefs closed it down last year. The paper says its public-spirited move has been endorsed by famous Mars-prang eggface prof Colin Pillinger

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing. The Sun is a whore of a newspaper here in the UK but maybe the public can relate to reporting to them better than the MoD.

The sun is a bit of a trashrag newspaper...aimed mostly at the general grunts of society. Hopefully they will seperate the two papers and give the UFO field a bit more serious and science feel. The moment they go nutty is the moment they completely dismiss the field into trash "world news" batboy crap.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
lol they've lost the plot mate... I think the problem is that people automatically associate The Sun with flim-flam and sarcastic fibs, so they do not really take it seriously to begin with. I doubt this would be beneficial for Ufology aside from the the good exposure that some stories would receive.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
the Sun has pledged to take on the task of running the nation's UFO-report bureau

It's the worst thing that could possibly happen.
Goobye objectivity, here comes sensationalisation.
It's bad, very bad.

WG3

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Let's see ... if a government wanted to further discredit an entire field, how would they go about it?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Its probably so that when proof of ET finally happens they can say "It woz the Sun that dun it "

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There are no secrets from The Sun except this one.
A one hundred year old secret and no one knows.
Or can print anything.
ED: I know there was a book everyone for to read:

In reiteration, another Thomson—J.J. Thomson—had claimed to have mathematically developed the theory of moving tubes of force (Phil. Mag, xxxi [1891], p. 149). For his Recent Researches in Electricity and Magnetism (1893, p. 13), his hypothesis was the “the aether is a storehouse of mechanical momentum”,

Here is the kicker:

Tesla, in his prior lecture6, had mentioned the tubes of force and disclosed some of his discoveries concerning the ether and momentum Tesla had stated that all his inventions were created in furtherance of his “electric flying machine”7, which he had partially designed before coming to America, carefully carrying the plans under his arm when he arrived on the ship in 1883.

Was JJ Thompson playing catchup in 1893 to what was known in 1883.

[edit on 1/30/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh dear lord -_-"
these are the same people who throught that they had pictures of the devils footprints in the snow -_-"

this is gonna be an epic fail.

top topics

join