It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Seen at Northwestern's Chicago Campus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

www.nbcchicago.com...

www.nbcchicago.com

Northwestern University has sealed off its Chicago campus while police search for a gunman who is reportedly in one of its buildings.
At around 10 a.m. someone reported to police that a white man with a gun in his belt was seen in an elevator on the 11th floor of the Rubloff building at 375 E. Chicago Ave.
He was described as wearing a black jacket, blue jeans and a button-down shirt.
Police advised people in the building to remain in their offices and lock their doors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-1-2010 by ddacunha]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just got this from my school: "We have received information that there has been an incident at Northwestern University’s Chicago campus. More information is forthcoming, but early reports indicate that a male, dressed in black clothing was seen with a gun in the Rubloff building. At this time and until further notice the college is taking active precautions."

www.nbcchicago.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-1-2010 by ddacunha]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Apparently the building is no longer locked down, so I guess this incident will be quickly forgotten. But I have some questions--

Who saw this alleged gunman? Were they absolutely 100 percent sure he was carrying a gun, or did they just 'think' they saw a gun?

Who walks around with a gun tucked into his belt? Someone who wants to get noticed, that's who. This thing is starting to sound like some kind of 'drill' for the cops, and an opportunity for the gub'mnt to once again scare the sheeple.

The theat level must be maintained. Terror is everywhere. Shouldin't we consider body scanners for all large public buildings? Be afraid. Be afraid. Be afraid.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by starviego]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wow to be honest I am amazed how little attention this seems to have generated. Even the tone of the second article stating the building has been opened had a tone that downplayed the incident. Lately it seems if someone on a campus even accidentally held their fingers in the shape of a gun fire and brimstone rains down from the heavens. Strange indeed.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drift393
Wow to be honest I am amazed how little attention this seems to have generated. Even the tone of the second article stating the building has been opened had a tone that downplayed the incident. Lately it seems if someone on a campus even accidentally held their fingers in the shape of a gun fire and brimstone rains down from the heavens. Strange indeed.

LOL. I was thinking the same thing...now give me all your valuables

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a973ed75d02b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Maybe this was indeed a "test run" of local SWAT, police and the school to judge response time? With no actual "lone gunman" just a phantom. Of course that is all conjecture but if proven would have a hint or two media outlet manipulation thrown in as well for downplaying the incident.

top topics

join