It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama / World Bank Collude With Big Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I authored this article on Fascist Soup:

The God King has declared cheap power-plants to be a no no in the third world.

Infowars reports:

Under the provably fraudulent and completely corrupted justification of fighting global warming, the Obama administration has ordered the World Bank to keep “developing” countries underdeveloped by blocking them from building coal-fired power plants, ensuring that poorer countries remain in poverty as a result of energy demands not being met.

Even amidst the explosive revelations of the United Nations IPCC issuing reports on the Himalayan Glaciers and the Amazon rainforest littered with incorrect data, the U.S. government has “Stepped up pressure on the World Bank not to fund coal-fired power plants in developing countries,” reports the Times of India.

I think the story also has another angle that Infowars misses, that being how in the hell is Obama ordering the IMF to do anything?

Infowars continues:

The order was made by U.S. Executive Director of the World Bank Whitney Debevoise, who represents the United States in considering all loans, investments, country assistance strategies, budgets, audits and business plans of the World Bank Group entities.

Let that one sink in.

The IMF / World Bank is an arm of the Anglo European banking cartels under the control their respective governments. There is no difference between the duly elected governments in the US and UK or the private banking cartels that operate in those countries.

They are one in the same and this “order” slams the point home with absolute clarity.

The administration is the scapegoat for bank policy makers. Obama didn’t order the bank to do anything. If the Bank wanted to fund coal plants in Africa, the US president isn’t going to prevent that. The president is an order taker, not an order giver.

The reason why the banks don’t want coal plants in Africa is because they don’t have monopoly control over that particular energy source. Its cheap, its abundant, and its highly efficient as a source of power. And it would provide a new export opportunity for American coal producers.

This interferes in monopolization of power by the oil/gas cartel, in which the World Bank is heavily vested. The oil companies and banks want a global carbon tax in place to shut down the coal industry and they are colluding with government to make this happen. Oil producers have almost no financial exposure to a carbon tax. It takes very little carbon to extract and refine oil. The brunt of a carbon tax is paid by consumers and industrial producers. A carbon tax would flush the coal industry down the toilet and pave the way for monopoly control over energy markets by oil/gas companies.

The World Bank is heavily involved in the oil industry and stands to profit by locking out coal as an energy source. There is a massive financial incentive for the IMF/World Bank to prevent coal from being used as a power source in Africa.

As far as I can tell, the World Bank’s sole focus in Africa is the development of oil and gas sectors.

The Oil, Gas, Mining, and Chemicals Global Product Group, a joint department of the World Bank and IFC, provides integrated services in the sector. IFC’s activities are based on the belief that, if properly managed, the development and use of oil and gas can provide substantial and sustainable long-term benefits, helping reduce poverty and improve people’s lives.

The World Bank actually runs programs to s hut down coal mines in the name of promoting “competitive markets” in third world countries. As far as I can tell, the only “mining” the World Bank supports is gold, copper, and other production metals.

Africa is resource rich in coal. Large productive private markets in coal would lead to cheap energy in Africa and cheap coal exports to the US. The Bank is actively engaged in suppressing coal as an energy source, not because of “environmental” concerns, which are a joke, but because of profits and monopoly control over resources.

The deeper I dig into the activities of the World Bank, the more I must conclude it is nothing more than a shill for oil companies. I suspect the ties between big oil and the world bank go far deeper than what we can see in the public arena. There seems to be this bond between oil, government, and banks repeating itself over and over again everywhere I look.

I mean seriously, the world bank openly states its energy policy revolves around building oil production and preventing coal production. Then this fraudulent carbon tax they keep trying to foist on us does nothing but strengthen oil’s position in the energy markets. The Bank has held this policy for a long time which makes Obama’s “order” all the more meaningless.

As a bank driven by profit motives, which they are, it makes little sense for them to pass up investment opportunities in coal production which will yield far greater results than investments in oil production. Currently they rationalize this under the guise of “sustainable” and “clean” energy policy. Saying they don’t invest in coal for environmental reasons, which is total rubbish. These same clowns are involved in oil projects that pollute at a far greater rate than coal mining operations.

Something stinks about this whole situation.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Obama saying his plans will necessarily destroy the coal industry.

Keep it up, spread the knowledge. The only ones interested in stopping cheap energy sources are the ones with the expensive energy sources.

But what about the Earth! Green is funded by oil, banks are oil, coincedence? Not.

Here is the video with them saying exactly what they mean-

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

In reading the Russian and Chad reports I linked, the World Bank acts like the oil companies own "federal reserve" system.

They partially back the loans for drilling operations which greatly reduces risk exposure for the oil companies.

If they drill and don't find oil, the oil companies aren't out a great deal of cash.

The whole system is crooked, because now you have the impoverished nations ultimately backing the risk exposure of the oil companies because they are the ones ultimately responsible for paying back the Bank.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

join