It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templars and the Piri Reis map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
In 1929 a map was discovered in Topapi Palace in Turkey which today is known as the Piri Reis Map, Besides all the usual discussions such as it shows Antarctica before the ice or that the map was made from a view from space, I would like to address some thing that I have not found anywhere in my research.
I will be presenting Images along with this posting for all the possible feedback on this map, I will start with a normal image of the map for reference.

Second if you rotate the map with the narrow end facing up, at the bottom you will be able to outline an 8 pointed star, images bellow.

Now with the map in the appropriate rotation examine the boat, there are three men on board but on all the other boats there is no one, so lets examine, now give me some leeway on this.
The map is supposedly made up of different maps, what if the bottom part of the map is connected to the Templar’s fleet witch disappeared from La Rochelle, France in 1307.
Ok back to the 3 men on the ship as you can see they are dressed in a heavy hooded cloak so we assume religious monks but why would a Turkish map maker care about some monks so lets look it another way, the Templar’s and others associated with the Templar’s had contact with the Turkish empire.
So you have the boat with three men on board if you are looking at the map there are 2 to the right and one to the left as if he is in charge, bellow that single men there is something that looks like a head or a scull, bellow that going into the water there is an object that looks like a key .

Now my son who is 11 and loves this stuff and has an eye for seeing things and remembering things Points out that his grand mother who is from the Island of Corvo in the Azores told him a story or legend of a statue of a men on horseback pointing to the Atlantic in the direction of the west.

The first Europeans who came to Corvo found there an equestrian statue which pointed in a westerly direction

Now back to the Templar fleet and the map, so the fleet gets away from La Rochelle so you would assume that the French, English and Spanish fleets are on the look out for these ships, you could go to Scotland or you could go to Portugal where they have a very large fleet and under the Portuguese flag you will be able to cross the Atlantic in peace, now getting back to the rulers on the map they are different in measurement considering that the most important thing on a map are measurements just being off by an increment is a bad thing.
If you take the ruler that is closer to the men and lay it out, it is the exact distance from Portugal to the Island of Corvo, as it is from the Island of Corvo to the ship, logic would assume that on such a long trip you would like to be able to replenish supplies so stopping at Corvo would make sense.

Now at the bottom of the map you will see a island, to my son it is the most recognizable land feature.

Just remember a ship upside down could represent a ship that went down.
Also for those who say I tampered with the map just go online and see the map on your own and then tell me there is no key and no head and I think everyone is right there is something important about this map but not what many might think it is.

And yes I have allot more....................

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
hey good work.

i love this old map. its sweet!

post more!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Where Portugal is on the map you see an upside down person, no where in the map are there upside down people except on the boat and in the area of Portugal where the castle of Tomar is considerd one of the Templars strong holds in Portugal. Next to the boat there is a smaller boat but the interesting thing is that there is a line going from the boat to, and you cant see because the fish is in front of it, So where is that line going are we to assume that the boat just threw over its anchor and stayed there or are we to think that the fish has some kind of significance in this whole story. Then there are the people on the fish, well dressed for sailors, very brite colors for just a boat crew, the colors remind me of some kind of royalty who could afford those very brite colors except some one with money or power.

used a red filter from gimp to get a good image

[im][/im]

[edit on 26-1-2010 by cmaracing]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ok the fish lets see what kind of fish is it maybe that can tell us the territory, the fish represents religion so are we to assume some one that has something to do with religion, what else about the fish, to me it looks like its moving just by the curvature of the head in comparison to the tail, is it then in reference that some one of importance having to do with royalty and religion is on there last voyage to a new world.
So was the Piri Reis map a way to confuse or inform also the writing I think is a way to ad to the confusion so that it distracts from others from seeing some of the clues.
So where are we with this hole story:
we have a map that we are to assume is made up of other maps
We have a map that for some reason to see it for what it is you must turn it upside down
You have a boat with monks drawn by a Turkish map maker or do you have a boat with templar’s drawn by a Turkish map maker.
There appears to be a head on the boat .
There appears to be a key hanging off to the side of the boat.
Got love the fish for a twist lol.
Then you have the smaller boat with its line out as if its anchor is down or as if its being toad by something but we cant really see because the dam fish.
Ok then there are the two persons on the fish with the very colorful outfits not much there ether its one big riddle.

All I know is that the greatest treasure has been hidden in the new world.

I’m just following the clues

new topics

top topics

join