It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napoleon and the great pyramid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Guys i didnt know where to put this, but i guess it can be considered a possible paranormal encounter. When i was younger i read a book on the paranormal and i remember vaguely something related with napoleon and his visit to the great pyramid, it is said he turned pale white because of something he saw there. anyone has any info about it? was it ghosts of ancient egyptians or something even more terrifying, im really curious about it as i dont have the book anymore

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Picollo30]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
In the 18th century many foreign visitors came to the great pyramid. They were scholars, scientists, historians, explorers, etc. One of the most famous visitors to the great pyramid was Napoleon Bonaparte. His military expedition to Egypt in 1798 was not only military but archeological as well. He took with him engineers, surveyors, astronomers, artists and archeologists. They surveyed, measured, explored, and made drawings of the great pyramid. Their work was published in many volumes from 1809 to 1822 by order of Napoleon.

There is an interesting note to this story about Napoleon on his visit to the great pyramid. He asked to be left alone in the King’s chamber. When he emerged, it was reported that he looked visibly shaken. When an aide asked him if he had witnessed anything mysterious, he replied that he had no comment, and that he never wanted the incident mentioned again. Years later, when he was on his deathbed, a close friend asked him what really happened in the King’s chamber. He was about to tell him and stopped. Then he shook his head and said, "No, what's the use. You'd never believe me." As far as we know, he never told anyone and took the secret to his grave. (It is interesting to note that there is an unsubstantiated story that Napoleon had hinted that he was given some vision of his destiny during his stay in the King's Chamber).

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
thanks drjay, too bad he didnt mentioned what he saw, must have been something that made a great impression on him as he didnt want to tell anyone about it.

join