It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Stock Market Drop Predicting Next Terror Attack?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

No offense buddy, but there have been dozens of times since 9-11 that markets have gone down by 3-5% in a week, and there were no corresponding terrorist attacks. Additionally, you can go onto any market related website, and they will detail what it is that Wall St traders and money managers are worried about when they are selling stocks. Last week it was about: Obama Wall St regulations, Banks Tax, Bernanke confirmation questions, unexpected job losses, and bad earnings reports from a few companies.

Concerning the market sell off during 9/11, you neglect to mention that we were in a recession before 9/11 and had just gone through the tech bubble and collapse. In recessions, with discretionary spending contracting, its investing 101 to sell companies affected by that. I.E. the airlines and retail companies

I understand your premise, but even the slightest bit of market knowledge would have told you that it is incorrect. Last weeks market action was anything but rare, and the market action before 9/11 was during a recession and completely normal as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

And no offense you either, buddy, but I am not sure you read my whole thread.

Sure, if you take the stock market info alone, maybe nothing. If you take the terror chatter alone, maybe nothing. BUT - when you put it all together with the idea that a well respected trends researcher has called for all of the above to occur this year - then I thought it was worth mentioning.

The market no longer is attached to any form of reality. It ebbs and flows like the temperament of an infant; cries when its hungry, poops all over everything and throws up when it has had too much.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

This well respected trend researcher is looking to sell you something in the end buddy. I could find one thing he was totally off on for everything he was correct for. Basically if you keep calling for something it's going to happen eventually. Especially in a boom-bust economy you gotta think you will be right about once every 5-10 years no matter what your outlook is.

BTW, the market is looking to reprice future risk constantly. It does not care about today or yesterday, it cares more about 6-18 months down the line.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Buddy boy, I'll tell you what, now looky here buddy.
That there dang market chart goes up, down, up, down, and y'all at home go click click click clickity click click.
Yeah buddy, them stocks are fixing to go down a spell, 'cause I sez so.
And I done did bet good money on it, too.
So there.
How ya like them apples?

Y'all come back, now!

[NOTE: If the market falls significantly over the next 5 months, not only will I make a heap big profit, but I'll come back here and brag about it. You betcha.]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

next false flag so they steal some more money

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join