It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we're being had.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think the American people are being Had. I think the recent SCOTUS decision on Campaign financing is move to keep the PTB's people in office. Just when people are starting to see the truth that most of congress is in the pockets of the Corps and and with election looming on the horizon. It seems odd the SC would make such a contrary decision to over a hundred year principal. I see a rising up of both sides of the isle, especially incumbents who's seats are in jeopardy, to defeat this move and created a higher approval rating so all the Elites puppets on both sides of the Illusion can stay. I think it is mind control on a major scale. Just a theory. The only way to find out is to wait and see I guess., What do you guys think?

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm still unsure about this one. I haven't had time yet to read the justices' opinions on the case. It sounds like exactly the kind of thing that I am very much against, and from what I have heard it could do exactly what you say and keep people in office for as long as they serve their corporate overlords. I believe in term limits for all levels of office, gradual turnover is good in politics.

However, I haven't heard a full argument from the people supporting this decision yet. I do want to hear both sides and mull it over a bit before I really make an informed decision.

Edit: I do want to say though that having more money in political races is almost always something I am against by principle alone.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by ProjectJimmy]

join