It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Earthquakes rattle Bolivia, Costa Rica and Panama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
twitter.com...
A magnitude 5.2 and 4.7 rattle the Costa Rica-Panama border at 5:50 a.m.
twitter.com...
A magnitude 5.3 and 5.2 rattle Bolivia at 5:27 a.m.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
twitter.com...
A magnitude 5.2 and 4.7 rattle the Costa Rica-Panama border at 5:50 a.m.
twitter.com...
A magnitude 5.3 and 5.2 rattle Bolivia at 5:27 a.m.

More and more this Earth rumbles...

I wonder how much of this will pick up.
According to the USGS site, there are 100's of earthquakes every year that we never hear about because of their remote locations. So, with more and more people in tune to the USGS, we will hear more about these "lesser" quakes.

There was a 4.0? in Oklahoma a few days ago and never received ANY attention.
Why? Because it happens all the time.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
If it's 6+ that's when I get concerned. I posted about the Guatemala quake last week when I heard a snippit on the news, I found out quickly it was of no concern. We are all on high quake alert because of Haiti. But I am going with my gut here and say, this is natural and nothing to be alarmed about. Thanks for sharing the info.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
From another post I submitted the following:

posted on 15-1-2010 @ 02:56 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

I reside near the epicenter of the earthquakes that hit this morning. The first one was just a gentle rattle. The second one sounded like a loud boom. My house felt like it jumped up and slammed back to the ground. The rafters in my attic sounded like a bunch of matchsticks breaking. No damage to my home thankfully.

I was pretty unsettled with the ordeal and called my insurance company to add earthquake insurance to my house policy.

This was my first experience with an earthquake. However, there have been numerous small quakes within the last year. So much so.....the USGS is setting up shop in Oklahoma City to monitor the area.

Jeez....I never would have thought we would have to deal with both tornados and earthquakes.

Sent my very small donation to the Red Cross for those suffering in Haiti. Please donate, even if its just ten dollars. It all adds up.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've been in Costa Rica when they had a 6.0 and nothing happened except for me running around like an idiot while all my family laughed. Their buildings are built well in the city for this. Their walls in their houses are build double brick thick. They do have earthquakes there very frequently.

top topics

join